1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Euroleague playoffs: Sergio Llull vs Ricky Rubio and Juan Carlos Navarro (highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

A Rubio and Llull backcourt for the rockets would be a nightmare in the nba.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah, I wonder if his going to do the same this year but only with a lower pick like 5th or 6th pick(to land cousins or favors)..... in addition in trying to pull a Rubio trade :grin:

But who knows maybe Bud+ NY picks is all we need to land Rubio's rights this time around.... specially if Rubio makes it clear statement, that he flat out doesn't want to play in Minn. forcing Kahn to pull the trigger on a trade ;)

--RB

3. afnorth123

afnorth123 Member

Everyone looks good in their highlights...

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Marko Jaric is playing in the Euroleague?

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Rubio is going to be so damn good. You do whatever you have to do to get a player of his talent...

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

I am all for a Rubio trade. I am convinced he's a special talent. And he would be a super hit in combination with Yao and Scola. East meets South in the West.

7. illteacher

illteacher Member

Rubio is a star... Llull a very explosive player

8. RedRacer

RedRacer Member

:grin: :grin: Any1 noticing ex Rockets Terrence Morris playing on Rubio's Team????

;) Fear the turtle? NOT!!

23 MORRIS, TERENCE 18:59 3 1/3 1 1 1 1

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Fran Vazquez..lol. All kinds of names. Terence Morris, Jorge Garbajosa, Marko Jaric. Louis Bullock and freaking Pete Mickeal still have basketball jobs, good for them...

Juan Carlos Navarro is a stud in FIBA rules. His short range floater is unstoppable.

10. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

I understand your point but success in Division 1 college basketball is far more indicative of NBA talent than success in the euroleague..theres about 2903483 cases to prove that whereas theres only 15 (maybe) cases of foreign players being dominant in the NBA. Guys like Dirk and Tony Parker are very rare exceptions. I mean dirk was only the 2nd player from Germany to ever play in the NBA (the first was Detlef Schrempf, who moved to the US and attended a D1 school: University of Washington).

europlayers, though better at team ball in most cases, still don't play the type of basketball that US kids do. However, as evidenced by the recent influx of foreign talent, this is changing quick.

..completely off topic (yes i referenced detlef schrempf, i get carried away sometimes)..

11. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Rudy Fernandez, Calderon, Navarro. Yea none of those guys worked out.

12. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Your argument is flawed. Most great euroleague players choose not to come to the nba.

Plus what has sheer numbers advatage have to do with anything? To get a representative comparison of college to euroleague nba successes, we'd have to evaluate the percentage of dominant players in NBA that came from college basketball vs those from euroleague.

And I dont think those numbers would sway in your favour.

but again, nba is not the holy grail of basketball, lots of european players do not want to play in the nba.

13. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

Well lets go historical for a second. The best 5 players in NBA history (arguable, of course): Michael Jordan (UNC), Magic Johnson (MSU), Larry Bird (Indiana), Wilt Chamberlain (KU)...ok so whatever their all legends right?

how about presently: Kobe Bryant, KG, both out of US high schools, both recent champs, Paul Pierce (KU), Tim Duncan (Wake Forest), Wade (marquette), Carmelo (syracuse)...i mean is there even an argument.

Like i said before, there is a rising number of cases of foreign players being dominant in the NBA like Gasol, Ginobili etc. but by-and-large..there's just no comparison as to whether D1 basketball grooms more NBA talent than euroleague (which was my original point).