1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EuroBasket 2013] Asik, Motiejunas, Casspi, Papanikolaou & Llull -- Sep. 4–22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Sep 2, 2013.

1. NotChandlerParsons

COME ON DONUTS PAY ATTENTION TO WHO'S BEHIND YOU

2. NotChandlerParsons

I'd trade the Toyota Center crowd for 5,000 Lithuanians in an instant.

3. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

You'll also see more moving screens called in one game in this tournament than a whole season in the NBA.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

They played a pre Olympics game at UH last summer and there were probably 50 Lituanian fans and they were probably louder than all of Toyota Center on a normal game.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Kleiza is awful. Can't believe I actually thought he might be a decent pick up for a while there.

D-Mo not looking very good either. First defensive possession he leaves his man wide open for 3. Rushed his first shot. Awful transition D sequence, totally unaware. I guess he's active, at least.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Unfortunately he is not playing worse than his team.

7. lowlife

lowlife Member

Well, no.

I'm Turkish and i haven't seen worse game from Turkey in my entire life (about 25 years). We played good defence but on offence we were terrible. Worse then terrible. It was painful. First game, so we are going to be better i guess. I hope.

8. Turpis

Turpis Member

Heart breaking loss against Montenegro, no goal tending ruled, feeling like Darko Milicic right now after loss against Greece. Talking about Macedonia btw :(

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hahaha Lithuania and DMo suck! All Rockets suck!

10. HMMMHMM

Looks like D-Mo won't be getting any more meaningful minutes this game. Can't blame their coach. He looked lost. Game still appears to be rather fast to him. Unimpressed with his development. Same guy as last year, only slightly bigger. At least one year away from contributing IMO. May never reach his potential. Paging @dmorey. :)

Ya, you guys got robbed for sure there. May not have impacted the ball not going in, but the guy clearly pulled down the basket by the net. So senseless that they can't/won't review that. Rule change long overdue.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll never look good in Lithuania's system. The zone they run does nothing but make his weaknesses show.

12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Morey should trade him right now

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

France and Germany tied with 1:35 to go...

Edit: And then something called a "Staiger" made a 3 with Tony Parker fouling him.. missed the And1.

France has Tony Parker, Nicholas Batum, and Boris Diaw. Germany has no one most NBA fans recognize.

14. Raz

Raz Member

What the...? Germany without Nowitzki, Kaman, Ohlbrecht, Harris and Schröder beat the Spurs minus Duncan. \o/ Awesome Clutch threes by Staiger and Benzing.

15. HMMMHMM

SCHLLLLLLLLLLLAND!

Ha. Crazy first day.

Schaffartzik probably isn't quite good enough to play in the NBA, but he's been been one of the better German guards for a while now. Has had a few good moment against quality Euro opponents (V-Span comes to mind) before. Pleiss was drafted by the Thunder a few years ago. Benzing is a fringe NBA talent, went undrafted. Morey watched him at least once during his Euro scouting stint this year. Zirbes, too.
    Staiger is alright, I guess.

These other guys aren't very good. I actually played against Alex King a bunch of times growing up. He used to play for the best local youth team over here. Went pro a few years later. He's not all that good, really, though.

#95 HMMMHMM, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  16. GIGO

GIGO Member

France had Ray Parker, Jr. who scored 11 pts in 25 minutes.
    [​IMG]

17. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Heiko is a nice player, he impressed me every time I watched Germany play. Killer shooter, good playmaker, and relentless when playing against superior teams. Sometimes reminds me of my favorite player, Marko Popović.

18. NotChandlerParsons

Wow really bad outing by Rockets players today.

That said it was nice to see some decent basketball for once. I only got to see a part of Serbia & Lithuania but it was okay.

19. allaroundplayer

I'm starting to think the coach of Lithuania is anti-NBA. Valanciunas only played 11 minutes.

Look at Spain. Their whole starting team is in the NBA.

Jose Manuel Calderon
    Rudy Fernandez
    Marc Gasol
    Ricard Rubio
    Victor Claver

And they are the favorites to win the tournament.

20. allaroundplayer

Lithuania lost to Serbia because of Nenad Kristic who is not even in the NBA anymore & Nedovic rookie for the Warriors.

He was a steal for them at #30. He was sort of dominating that game.

If you don't get ESPN3 like me, you can see the games here:

http://www.streamhunter.eu/basketball-live-streaming-video.html