1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Euro 2021

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by daywalker02, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

How about a no?

With unlimited substitutions, and the theatrics of time wasting, each half would have 30 minutes of additional extra time.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Aware

Aware Member

There is no question there should be more substitutions or like maybe have an independent medical team determine a "special injury" that doesnt count against regular subs. That would take pressure off players/managers.

Just thinking back on david luiz and how he was allowed to stay in the game after he knocked out raul jimenez for the season. There is no way that guy had any idea of where he was at the time.

fifa can do much better on this topic.
    var already killed the flow of games. whats another stoppage if it helps the players.

3. Buck Turgidson

Nope. Everyone (95% of everyone at least) should take it.

I do not know what vaccine yall are talking about, but the Pfizer in the USA is totally ok.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm not at all an anti-vaxxer. I'll take my second jab on Wednesday as planned. But I think it is not far-fetched to want to know whether Eriksen's case could be vaccination-related.

Yung-T and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

How many thousands of athletes in the US have been vaccinated? How many have had serious complications?

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We are all talking about Pfizer.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There are articles being written from all the major news sources about concerns of potential increased heart inflammation rates amongst younger people with Phizer/moderna vaccines, so this doesn’t look like a conspiracy that’s being made up, nor ignored

8. Buck Turgidson

Then what's the ****ing problem?

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

look up Phizer heart inflammation and you will the recent development of news on it

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That it seems many of us had relatives or colleagues die or have problems after the Pfizer vaccination and that studies also are showing that there maybe is a link?

Not sure why you are so incredibly defensive about this topic, we are not denying that it's important to have a covid vaccine.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well it’s fckin scary and it’s not what anybody wants to hear

That being said, a string of anecdotal stories on a forum isn’t evidence of shet. The stats from reputable sources are, and reputable news sources are saying that officials may be seeing a link, so we have to wait and see what they exactly are. Claiming people are dying left and right from the vaccine seems a bit much at the moment. The soccer player didn’t have the vaccine

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With all the news around vaccines and such, I also almost forgot that heart problems and other medical issues did exist pre-Covid in football.

And against beliefs, football is not among the sports with the highest rate of infection.

They do play it outdoors.

The choice of getting vaccinated should be the choice of every single individual.

The medical department should definitely check players frequently on those issues.

#52 daywalker02, Jun 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No one is claiming that, but it's definitely underreported and swept under the rug because they want ppl to vaccinate.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

maybe, maybe no

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Medical conditions get overlooked a ton in this sport.

That is why you see players collapsing when everyone is watching.

We deal with complications related to Covid vaccines a lot more amongst us than amongst athletes.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They need to give them the NBA “get the **** out and go die somewhere else” treatment

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A fine balance, you do not want to scare off those people that are undecided.

You disclose them in medical papers first.

It is truly frustrating that with those Delta and Gamma mutations, vaccinations are nerfed.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think saying that things are definitely* being swept under the table is a bit much, unless you single handedly represent a consensus of scientist and medical experts who have analyzed data

My father is a Alex Jones level conspiracy theorist and I just get tired of the mysterious “they” and how they are “definitely” doing XYZ

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From Sonaldo with Love.

[​IMG]

20. Buck Turgidson

I'm not defensive about anything.

I despise the entire anti-vax movement.