1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's Jonathan Givony would cut KPJ, says Rockets locker room/culture is bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2023.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This thread is made by clutch, generally he doesn't make threads like this to stir sht up

Deckard, Easy, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Gotta love that in the midst of this people talk about Green's nails and hairdo...he's a man, deal with it.

hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Clutch also said to DD in the game chat that he and many others had been telling DD this for a long time.

So DD is basically lying when he acts as if Clutch hadn't confirmed from his perspective that Givony is right.

DD then went on to post 100 times in the game chat that he used to be a reporter and that he needs more details to believe it. He kept repeating the same thing over and over again, like an obsessed person/petulant child. It was so bad that the hosts on stage and many others told him to finally stop. He kept doing it.

Finally, when everyone was tuning him out, he posted the same stuff again here.

I mean, it's obvious that nobody is going to spill all the details now - this would reveal sources, it would damage the Rockets further, it could open them up to legal attacks. It's so obvious to almost everyone.

#163 AroundTheWorld, Feb 25, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dadakota.gif

hakeem94 and hajkov like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's what we obsessed people do.

DD's controversial persona can't be changed after all these decades.

Aside from his antics, a lot of folks here already guessed what's going on behind the curtains.

It was no surprise, just as you could even see when Leslie Alexander lost interest in the Rockets back then.

hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Why KPJ was not cut back when he walked out on the team at halftime is a mystery. I knew this ship was sunk when that (did not) happen. Inmates running the asylum.

It makes me sad to not watch the Rockets.

Go Coogs!

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U know the funny thing about this sort of behavior was that double d would gobble up any hit piece on harden and take it as gospel regardless if there's no evidence. But now he thinks differently

Im sure we are all guilty of being blinded by bias to see things in an objective viewpoint for a player or two, its just quite weird that out of all the players in the league he choose to stan for kpj

It's quite logical y no actual detail is being said b/c
    1. it would expose the source/leak/rat/etc.
    2. it would damage the team locker room morale/chemistry even further
    3. the aftermath and retaliation by those named will b the main distraction for the rest of the season.

Could it b a conspiracy that folks are just trying to take down KPJ? pffffft we are dead last no one cares enough about the rockets or kpj enough to sht on that much while we are down

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hmmmm. I think what House did during the playoff bubble was more egregious. He threw his teammate under the bus and got his a$$ sent home when harden needed all the help he could get. He didn't get cut either.

I think there's more than one way to punish a player, cutting a talent like him is just a waste. There should have been more than just one game suspension for that type of behavior.

daywalker02 and topfive like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I am absolutely positive Stone considers KPJ as his project which could rocket him to the top like Morey’s gamble on Harden.

I cannot come up with any reason other than why he’s so determined to make KPJ happen, when KPJ is clearly not going to happen.

BigMaloe, cml750, tinman and 4 others like this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

Not buying it Jalen... go practice your jumpers..

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

If only there was an example - or five - which could’ve tempered expectations for KPJ.

slothy420, cml750 and payaso like this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Agreed, because teams flocked to sign him for literally nothing when he was previously available.

Wait.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I guess I missed some drama last night on the RCast.

I don’t doubt the report and Clutch’s confirmation.

That being said KPJ I doubt is the sole or the root problem here. An organization like San Antonio or Miami would be in a position to deal with a challenging young kid one way or another. The Rockets in the end have a leadership problem. Point blank.

Not sure what the back and forth was but sounds like DD is getting the only fans disease that has infected his fan brain. I’m sure like other times he’ll be in a corner for a bit and then come back as he always has in all his DD glory.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lol yup ALL of this teams problems can be pointed at KPJ or Silas! Just like the wins and “aesthetic” would also increase while he was out! When the MOB doesn’t have those guys to blame they’ll just tug at low hanging fruit on the roster. A tale as old as time.

Our fanbase has become naive, gullible and borderline stupid.

topfive, DaDakota and Jatman20 like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Coach is basically the captain of the ship. Team is losing for the third season in a row and the captain aint to b blame?

KPJ is the first mate, the proclaimed head honcho and pg of the team. PG is one of the most important position that provides structure and stability to the overall team's offense. Yet somehow when he's out our offense performed better without him leading it?

Sure u can blame stone for his inept ability to sign veterans and have a back up pg or even blame the owner for being a cheap owner.

It's not stupid, the first to b blame should b the pg/leader of the team and the coach. There's won't b any miraculous improvement if we get rid of the coach and get an actual pg, but thinking folks are just scap goating poor ole kpj is just asinine.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao I doubt anyone actually calls him head honcho other than himself and here to mock him.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

perhaps he was misquoted? and what he really said was something like "red poncho" . . . .

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be fitting, what a misunderstood individual on so many levels and throughout his life.

Os Trigonum likes this.