1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's Jonathan Givony would cut KPJ, says Rockets locker room/culture is bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Did I miss something? I haven't seen anything about KPJ off the court. There's just vague references to "locker room chemistry" but nobody even has an example. Not even a vague example. Some of this media stuff reads to me as lazy reporters looking for a story. "Oh, that team is bad, bet their locker room sucks"...yah, cuz they're bad...ever played for a bad team? I've played for bad league teams and even there the chemistry and "locker room" (aka 15-minutes-before-game-warmups) devolves quickly when you start losing.

So has a single reporter even cited an incident? We heard details about KPJ and Wood getting into it and him leaving at halftime. We can't even get a "KPJ yelled at someone" story? Nope. Just "KPJ is a locker room cancer." okay...example, please?

I'm not even saying it's false. I just haven't seen a shred of evidence to support it. No sources need to be revealed to simply explain what he's doing that is so bad to chemistry that isn't organic from the process of losing.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Exactly. These are grown men doing high school gossip.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

This is disgusting to read. Whoever is doing that needs to be fired immediately.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes.

@Nook

cml750, xtruroyaltyx and J.R. like this.
  6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No idea who this guys is but his takes on all those teams were kinda bizarre

“Cutting” KPJ is also an incredibly stupid suggestion. He is on a SUPER team friendly contract. Someone would give you something for him simply because they could cut him themselves without any financial damage.

Corrosion and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The trade deadline has passed.

King1 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

So Houston has the absolute best organization in one major sport and the absolute worst in the other two. Hey, at least we don’t put up with mediocrity!

mikol13, Moe, BigMaloe and 8 others like this.
  9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

#TrustTheHotMess

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well, this would suck if true, but it sounds like speculation, he doesn't say...I have talked to...he says if you hear things...yadda yadda....very lazy - which is why podcasts suck it is just a bunch of blowhards trying to get attention by spouting their opinions.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/bios/jonathan-givony/#:~:text=NBA Draft Analyst&text=Jonathan Givony is an NBA,Draft and international basketball coverage

Dude is not an insider, just a ****ing guy who rates high school and college kids, why should we listen to him? Wimpy ****ing stats nerd. He is a draft guy, not a "What's going on in the NBA guy"

****ing stand up and REPORT ****, don't speculate like a little b**** like these clowns.

KPJ if he is still being a distraction needs to go.

I would like to hear a Rox reporter or insider that actually knows though....not a bunch of speculation by outsiders.

Lots of BS flies around teams that suck.

DD

#132 DaDakota, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    Corrosion and rhino17 like this.
  11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Either someone needs to actually REPORT **** or it is just innuendo.....go on record, I am tired of all this passive aggressive crap.

REPORT ON WHAT KPJ is doing if it is disruptive.

As a guy with a journalism degree who worked at KSAT 12 as a sports reporter, I am so tired of fan reporting - take a stand - REPORT what you know - it is annoying.

What are people afraid of? If KPJ is a cancer, say it...what EXACTLY is he doing?

And you don't have to reveal sources, just say this is what happened.

DD

#133 DaDakota, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

13. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

How can we not guard klay smh

DaDakota likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What has Nook done to prove he is an insider? Is he one? Will someone vouch for him that knows?

If @Clutch says it then I believe it.

DD

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Most of the "locker room issues" on KPJ are projections. It sucks because he's really played good here and is our best 3pt shooter. The problem is our whole team is young with no veterans

Corrosion, Kevooooo and DaDakota like this.
  16. Landry's Tooth

Not sure where this hate for KPJ is coming from. Culture in the locker room is shaped by the coaches. Silas was hired for Harden, Westbrook, and Wood.

They didn't hire him as a developmental coach. It's a bad fit but since we are tanking anyways, so be it.

KPJ shoots 50% from 2 and roughly 35% from 3. It's not star level, but solid for a 22 year old. He needs to cut down on turnovers and off court drama. He's shown more to me than Green. It seems Green gets a pass because of where he was drafted and he gets more highlights.

I'd want to see what a more disciplined coach could do with him...

Corrosion and DaDakota like this.
  17. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Is john wall not credible? eric gordon?

i doubt people are making up reports about the rockets locker room for clicks and views considering the rockets are probably a top 3 most irrelevant team in the league.

Little Bit, Der Rabbi and payaso like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

KPJ has two seasons on Green.

And his ts% is barely higher than Green's. And this is KPJ's most efficient season.