1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ESPN's Jonathan Givony would cut KPJ, says Rockets locker room/culture is bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

April first.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sure I'll take that too. I'm just saying May 16 is if we really know if the Rockets meltdown is complete or not.

daywalker02 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I think you can....... food flying (pre Rockets)...... security being called... fights with the GM (in fairness this is pre Rockets)... fights with assistant coaches..... players leaving at halftime.... another one refusing to comeback into the game...... practices missed..... fights at practice.... employees calling out sick so that they are not bullied ...... players storming off the practice court because they are called out for repeated lack of effort.........fights in strip clubs..... screaming and arguing with police officers.... questions about who various females are that follow players around.

Just your ordinary Rockets lockerroom.

Hey, with Sterling Brown and Eric Gordon gone, at least the young guys aren't gambling or shooting dice.

Rvo384, Deckard, BigMaloe and 22 others like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... he knows at least some of it.

BigMaloe, cml750, sirjesse and 2 others like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What drama?

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Bobby is too drunk to respond

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I am "not" a fan of Kevin Porter, but he is far from the only problem in this clusterf**k.

"But, but we're tanking, losing games is what we want to do". Wow, what a brilliant f**king strategy, they are doing what me and a handful of the stupider clutchfans could accomplish, and I mean that completely in the literal sense.

We have a 14% chance of getting a player who "might" be an elite franchise changer. Lets just ignore literally everything else about a well run basketball franchise. The team could have forfeited and sat out the entire season and be no worse off, we've have accomplished absolutely nothing positive with this developmental time.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really, the only near term glimmer of hope is that the national media attention on this dumpster fire bruises Tilman's fragile ego and forces him to do some **** he probably doesn't want to do.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That might be worst case.

Tilman is stupid enough to overreact and go all in on a 43 win first round exit just to "shake things up"

Der Rabbi likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The culture has been like that for about 10 years. Play harder, players only meeting, "I'm going to fly to Lil Baby".

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

DD faints...

lol

Tfor3, BigMaloe, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Assuming this is all true - and I am sure it is - what the hell was Stone thinking when he handed out even that contract?!

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's a surprise that there's no accountability....I mean, we're still starting Jalen Green and Jabari Smith.

Any competent team would have put them on the bench by now and forced them to earn their minutes....not the Rockets though.

Don't know what any of that has to do with KPJ though.

snowconeman22 and Sengoat28 like this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

aint no lie...

this org has totally pooched the punt on what shoulda been a cultural overhaul - amid a rebuild.

We spent the last how many years being pulled around by our short hairs by that narcissistic fk Harden... but hey we were in contention - so ya grin n bear it...

When yer winning and trying to keep superstar(s) happy - u do what u gotta do to keep momentum and avoid issues...

but when yer in rebuild... u can totally reset whatever poor tendencies have developed...

no stars - u dont have to coddle anybody... u can be demanding... u can hold guys accountable by pulling them for lack of effort or a crappy attitude... u can hammer tendencies and procedure - instead of vying for wins...

we didnt do that stuff...

we basically wasted the last couple years acquiring talent - which hasnt been developed... which hasnt been molded...

smdh...

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The contract gives the organization a lot of control.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Givony was suggesting Green as 6th man and I haven't seen his supporters coming to terms with this concept.

18. fchowd0311

6th man for who exactly? Who is the starter that is on the bench that deserves starting minutes over Green?

darksoul35 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  19. fchowd0311

These same pundits were saying the same exact things about Booker in his first two years. Remember this. These white NBA media analysts hate flashy young guards who show promise but are currently inefficient. They always oversell on the Sengun mold of a player and trash young flashy guards.

I'm too addicted to this type of content and see these patterns. Again, saying the exact same thing about Booker. I remember when Booker had his 70 pt game and these analysts said it meant nothing and was such a high usage player on a **** team with the same "somebody gotta score" rhetoric.

ExTexanNowEastCoast likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, Green is one of the worst performing players on the team, so it's not like it would be hard to out-perform him.

Why not start KJ Martin over him?

Why not start TyTy at the 1 and KPJ at the 2?

Anything to actually force Jalen Green to actually earn his minutes would be a nice change of pace.

Same goes for Jabari Smith. Start Tari over him till he improves.

It's a problem that neither top 3 pick is the best player the Rockets took in those drafts.

Sengoat28 likes this.