1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's blatant hate and disregard for the Rockets is unbelievable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aaly1130, Feb 21, 2013.

1. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

I am sick of ESPN. This isn't news but all they do is talk about the Lakers and heat. I mean I was just watching the NBA trade deadline winners and losers, not one mention of the Rockets! We made the most amount of trades (2) yet nothing about us. Chris Broussard the most useless and clueless analyst in all of sports says the biggest winner in the trade deadline is the LAKERS??? are you ****ting me??????? The NBA analysts these days know nothing outside of New york LA and Miami, its sad. Stephen a smith's sarcastic remark about chandler parsons..."I ve never heard of a chandler parsons"... are you kidding me? It is your job to know about the NBA as a WHOLE... I would say ESPN only caters to big markets but, last time I checked Houston is the 4th largest city in America! So what is it? Why the hate against Houston? Why the obsession with a Lakers team that is not even on our level? What are your opinions on this matter?

1 person likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Bill Simmons of ESPN:

"What did you think of Houston fleecing Sacramento for Thomas Robinson? Why do teams continue to trade with Dork Elvis? Everyone, STOP TRADING WITH DORK ELVIS!!!!!"

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I don't think ESPN hates the Rockets.

4. ManOnfire

ManOnfire Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

I guess Lakers, Heat & NYC sells...who cares anyway ESPN has no substance and no real analysis...the team that gets shafted the most is the Spurs IMHO...

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The bias is obvious, and hence there's no way they want to provide more momentum to the far and away biggest risk to LA's offseason

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

ESP-who?

Serious question though: what's the origin of the Dork Elvis nickname?

8. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

Bill Simmons is the only logical and knowledgeable analyst on tv. He constantly acknowledges the greatness of Dream and he knows Morey personally. He actually knows the game of basketball

9. AFS

AFS Member

I actually prefer this team flying under the radar. The attention that LA gets just causes drama. Our team just needs to focus on playing and winning.

1 person likes this.
  10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Imagine how the Spurs feel

12. Jamers

Jamers Member

We haven't won/prove anything yet bratha, they will start to fear the rockets the moment we reach the playoffs and made some noise

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4011524

A few weeks ago, I spent a Saturday at MIT's Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, or as I dubbed it, Dorkapalooza 2009! A slew of statistical rock stars showed up: Dean Oliver, Aaron Schatz, John Hollinger. Panels argued topics like "Where are basketball analytics headed?" and "What's more important, coming up with a cool formula or kissing a girl?" The hottest celeb? My friend Daryl Morey, the Rockets GM, who was hounded by MIT students as if he were Britney among the paparazzi. I dubbed him Dork Elvis. Even he admitted that was funny. Begrudgingly.

2 people like this.
  14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Who cares? That gives our players an edge because nobody will expect us to make noise. When we do, they wont know what hit them

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol yeah the deadline winner and loosers were a complete joke. Instead of actually talking about teams that made big trades they mentioned, hawks, for not trading smith. Lakers for keeping dwight and the nets for not doing anything.

The Kings, who everybody knows got did pretty bad, didn't make the bign loosers list...yet the nets who made no moves and have dwill, wallace, johnson and brooks are big loosers for not getting more talent..of course.. of course.

16. skyline07

skyline07 Member

its like you took all the words out of my mouth, and in my head. Ty very much sir

17. Raven

Raven Member

ESPN is the Fox News of pro sports.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN = Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York

Sorry, no ESPN Houston. :p

19. Jas

Jas Member

:cool:Jay Pharoah did a good job.

20. conquistador#11

ironically, they've showed me more rockets game than lex industries and comca$t.

1 person likes this.