1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN975) Rumor: Kyrie Irving to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

If the Rockets foolishly think they can compete and start trading assets for stars, I might have to change my answer to Jabari. If they think our window is now, might as well go all in and trade Sengun and picks for Gobert.

Irving
    Green
    Smith
    Wood
    Gobert

On paper not terrible. In real life I think we would all be pretty miserable.

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  2. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is the sort of short sighted trade that derails rebuilds. That team isn't even close to winning a championship, and is giving away draft capital and our current available trade pieces... for the chance of maybe making the play-in tournament?
    We should be looking to trade Gordon and Wood to move up in this draft or add future draft picks/young players. There will come a time when our young guys develop more and it's time to start looking at other high impact players to complement the core that we put together. That time is not now and Kyrie, most definitely, is not that player.

#102 photojoe, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Little Bit, Corrosion and astrosrule like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

im not even talking about what he does with his body. who cares. I couldn't careless about what he does regarding that. even before that his availability was terrible

assuming next season rookies being better doesn't even address the point. He has literally never ever led a team into the playoffs being the best player, somehow expecting that to happen in 2022 is just pure nonsense

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm not expecting him to be our best player. I'm expecting him to get the ball where it needs to be. In our best players hands. Kyrie, with his seasoned veteran PG skill can help this team immensely imo. I bet he and Silas would get along well also which would help.
    I bet he would be a better veteran presence than Gordon.

6. xaos

xaos Member

If it means anything I've felt this way about Irving since Cleveland/Boston days and each year there's some justification to it

7. xaos

xaos Member

OK raining threes

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're not expecting him to be the best player than you have this roster mixed up then. or you're clearly thinking of a different team

someone who hasn't been consistently available, constantly is a team concern is not a better veteran presence

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

help this team do what? what is everyone's fascination with making the playin game? i don't get it. We still have 1 more year to try to get a high draft pick and you want to throw that away for.....kyrie???

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

If it’s massively overblown, then why would the Nets even think about trading him or not re-signing him, especially when he’s BFF’s with their franchise player? Fact of the matter is that he has overstayed his welcome with 3 different franchises, and y’all want to make Houston the 4th. LOL

KPJr was acquired for a top 55 protected pick…the literal definition of taking a flyer on someone because he cost less than an expired bag of chips

luckyman76 likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sure, Irving has been a diva. But not to the point of derailing a team.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

They didn't willingly let him go though. Kyrie said he was going to re sign with them initially and then chose to team with kd.
    If they trade or don't retain kyrie I view that as the begining of the end. I don't think Durant envisioned spending the back end of his prime with John Wall and Ben Simmons.

So I'd imagine if Kyrie goes, Durant would soon follow.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That availability issue was not all on him. He wanted to play. Besides we dont have that problem here.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it was him and obviously you didn't ready clearly. The availability issue didn't just become a problem

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because, for one, Silas will not survive another season of stank. Wembayama Schmembayama. There is no guarantee we get the 1st pick so might as well forget about him.
    2nd, it doesn't matter if they make the play-in or the playoffs. It's the experience they will get from it that matters. A team this young making it in this soon will definitely boost their confidence.

xtruroyaltyx and "Hail Hydra" like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There are some that would say he derailed the Nets this season

steddinotayto likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Like I mentioned earlier, he wanted to play.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh really. the experience is what matters. How did that work out for charlotte. They made the play in 2 years ago and gone ran out of the building. They made the play in again and gone ran out the the building. Both games were pure embarrassments. but but but the experience

Using cliches without context is just pure laziness and flat out bad information to push assumptions that are nonsense

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’d rather pay Wall to do nothing than have Kyrie play and take minutes from guys we need to evaluate. We’re not that team yet. I am however intrigued by making Brooklyn worse and making our picks better.

cmoak1982, TimDuncanDonaut and xaos like this.
  20. Spooner

Spooner Member

In fairness, he refused to play a stretch of games multiple times the season before last because he was “sad”.

cmoak1982 and coachbadlee like this.