1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN975) Rumor: Kyrie Irving to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep, 6/29

D-rock likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This team really has no use for Kyrie .... no more than it does Wall who they asked to sit.

I wouldn't be doing anything to help Brooklyn out of their troubles and making their future draft picks worse.

I'd really have to see the compensation and reroute Kyrie elsewhere .... if you aren't coming away with an early lottery pick .... why bother helping them out ?

Xerobull and D-rock like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

You can defend him all you want but he isn't worth the headaches. Nets don't even want to extend him. Boston didn't want him anymore. He works well with Lebron but so does JR freaking Smith.

He's made his generational wealth and will live happily ever after so ultimately no matter how I view him he wins.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Gordon/Wood and one of their future 1sts back for Kyrie

Kyrie/Nix
    Green/Christopher/Matthews
    KPJ/Tate/Nwaba
    Paolo/KMJ
    Sengun/#17

This team is young but has play in potential. Just need to get a top tier Assistant Coach that misses out on a HC gig like Vogul. He always has his teams near the top in defensive rating. Hard to blame him for how it ended in LA, still won a ring. I am just ready for us to try to start competing because that is the only way we will see the ceiling on our young guys. I would like to see them perform in the playoffs before giving them (Green,Sengun,KPJ,etc) max deals.

Trade/Buyout Wall and next summer and that would leave us with around $85 million on the books with a $125m cap. $40 million max slot next offseason which should be a 3 or 5.

5. alethios

alethios Member

teams can exercise their rights and not play him.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I long for the day that Clutchfans keeps their feelings out of decisions for the team.
    No one will care how you feel when the team is in the playoffs with Irving. Get over yourselves. Stop letting biased media decide for you.

raining threes likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What team has Kyrie successfully led to the playoffs without: LeBron, KD, Tatum/Brown ? If it wasn't for LeBron going back to Cleveland Kyrie's career would have been forgettable.

luckyman76, cmoak1982, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  8. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Exactly. I watched a couple of long podcasts with him and I am not worried about him. He is a little different but him being a distraction is massively overblown. I think Stone and the Rockets have shown they will take in players with negative perceptions about them (KPJ). It is time to try and win and play some meaningful games so we can evaluate our young talent in important games before their rookie deals expire.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

no thanks. a conditional 2nd rounder is an overpay. do not want, at any cost

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Whatever makes them and their picks stronger

11. xaos

xaos Member

Kyrie from strictly a risk assessment perspective isn't the best allocation if resources. Imagine paying your top employee 36M and you're not even sure if he wants to be there. Even worse... imagine giving up good assets to get him... even worse imagine giving up assets to HELP the Nets which would be lowering the value of all their picks. Even worse now Irving is in the ears of the young easily influenced players telling them how they too can get paid to do nothing. Everything about Irving to the Rockets is bad risk assessment.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kyrie lead his own team into the playoffs? The same Kyrie that has never done so before being the leader. And you think 2022 30 year old Kyrie whose availability has been basically non existent in recent years is going to lead the worst team into the playoffs. How? with the burning sage or what

Oh CF's, so sad to see

photojoe, CCity Zero and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

And before anyone says anything, I'm NOT the White Mamba.

Not quite as tall.

Or as translucent. :D

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Kyrie trade happens then Ivey rumors/draft leverage dies on vine.

But if rumors persist up to draft, Ivey as option will continue.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kyrie rumor, Ivey rumor, Nix hype...you wonder if they are hurting KPj's value and they'd start leaking info that he'll be a SF and still run point as well

16. raining threes

I'm not defending anything.

I'm just pointing out facts.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where is everyone getting this notion that Irving will lead our youngsters astray. These are just assumptions based off what we've heard through biased media outlets. If anything he can show them how to stand strong against tyranny.

18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't buy the rumor, NY media always loves to stir up BS this time of year.

19. raining threes

LMAO

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

For one, our rookies will be better next season and hungrier.
    2nd a 30 year old Kyrie was smart enough to not let talking heads decide what he does with his body. Dont blame Kyrie for what happened. Blame that pile of rat feces called New York.