1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Yao has successful surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kwng, Mar 3, 2008.

1. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

Nice, recover well and come back strong for us Yao!

2. d.wang

d.wang Member

I'm a rook, so I can't make new posts, so I decided to add to a Yao injury-related thread.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...g=forthesakeofhiscareeryao&prov=tsn&type=lgns

3. timeschinatours

Waiting for u,Yao

4. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

A funny thing happened to me on the way to Tulsa...

I was in the Bush IAH airport on Wednesday waiting for my flight and happened to be sitting next to Dean Cooper VP of Player Development for the Rockets. At first I didn't recognize him but overheard him talking on his cell phone about some games and stats and stuff. I thought he was talking to someone about fantasy leagues or something.

Then out of the blue he busts out "hey I need to call you back, Yao Ming is calling me on the other line..." At first I was like, did I hear him correctly? Then he started talking to Yao and asking how he felt, if he needed anything, who was there with him, etc.

After he finished his call I struck a conversation up with him. I asked him who he worked for and he told me and confirmed it was Yao on the line. He told me that Yao had three screws put in his ankle and the doctors said after he recovered his foot / ankle would be stronger then before. He said Yao would begin pool work after the wound healed up. I asked him why Yao seemed to have problems only with his left foot and he said its because it is the one he uses most for pivoting, pushing off when he jumps, etc.

We chatted a few more minutes on how we both were going to miss the game on Wednesday due to being out of town and joked about having to keep up with the scores via internet. He seemed really down to earth a to be a really good guy. He was headed to scout a game in Nashville and I had to get on my plane to Tulsa. I told him that I wished the team good luck and hoped the streak would continue. We shook hands and went to our respective gates for departure.

Crazy story I know, I still cannot believe it myself.... :cool:

5. ClearSky

ClearSky Member

hope YAO wont get hurt in Beijing Olympics :mad:

he need to have rest!!