1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Windhorst: Wade Makes MVP Push

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wade watch out bro... Bronny might make you sleep on the couch now...

2. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

derrick rose deserves the trophy more than anyone else. not only does he get his teammates in the game, he's scoring the best on the team. not only did they have no boozer for a good month, but now they lost joakim noah and still found ways to win. that's good considering he doesn't have a two time mvp and top 5 pf and a sick bench to back up his abilities.

Wade is good, but most of it because lebron and bosh draw away the usual attention so wade is more free to go man to man and just dominate. lebron's passing also helps and bosh knock down scoring helps wade's passing.

Rose or Stoudemire have shown to be drastic improvements and vital to their team's success. I would give it to Rose simply because of the injuries, they still find ways to win. Stoudemire is really blossoming in the system and the superb plays of Felton.

I would say Kobe as well, but the lakers are looking bad.

Nowitzki should not get it either because i mean really, with that much stars on your team, you should be winning.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

The Cavs won 60+ games the last two years with Lebron while Wade was leading Miami to a .500 record with only a little less talent around him. Wade is a great player, and few players could have even won 35 games with the teams he's been on the last couple years, but he is not as good as Lebron.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

watch cavs-detroit game where he scored 29 of the pistons last 30 points to win the game.

and it's so easy to overlook lebron in the clutch this year b/c he ONLY does it on national TV games for god sakes. he's the one who has shine the brightest in the biggest of games.

but it's lebron. it's expected. he has to do things out of the extra-ordinary for him to deserve props.

watch a heat game and you'll actually see how both play and how the opposing teams guard both players. it's not even close who gets more defensive attention and who is the engine offensively for the heat.

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Alittle less? Come on homie... You know better then that. Wade had two straight years playing on a terrible team where he had to give 110% each night. I can't agree with you there.

I take Wade over LBJ any day. Like I said, LBJ puts up stats like no other but he fades away. There's a reason why Wade has a ring.

6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't Wade lead the 2006 Miami Heat to a championship being down 0-2? Say what you will about game 3 about the refs, LBJ couldn't lead his team like Wade did. Everyone seems to forget that. Wade doesn't get the credit that LBJ does.

I will give LBJ credit for that series win to get to the finals but Wade lead his team to win a championship being down in a series against a better team. The Spurs were great in 07 but the 06 Mavs were a better team overall.

And about LBJ having to do something extra-ordinary, it has nothing to do with that. It's about being a clutch player and leading your team to victory.

IMO, I would pick Wade over LBJ.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

What are you saying? Lebron has always played on a terrible team, why don't you look at the Cavs' record (1 win in december) and decide which has had a crappier team? Wade got to play with Lamar Odom during his rookie year, then played with Shaq and Alonzo Mourning and Gary Payton to get a ring. Did I mention Pat Riley? LBJ had a broken down Shaq and a coach who doesn't even draw his own plays.

LOL stats don't grow on trees, if it was easy to do everyone would post a triple double every game. What do you mean by fades away? How can you call 26, 8 and 8 as fading away? :confused: Right now LBJ is the Heat's MVP, he draws the other team's best defender, he makes plays for the entire team and he's producing more than Wade. If Wade somehow wins the MVP award you know a lot of people hate Lebron, and a lot of people are pretty stupid.

Yeah, there's a reason why Wade has a ring. He faced the Dallas Mavericks in the finals instead of the 3 time champion San Antonio Spurs :rolleyes:

8. Steve_Francis_rules

I would have agreed with you about the quality of the teammates before this season started. I would have said Lebron had a lot more talent around him, although still much less than the other championship contenders.

However, watching the Cavs play this season, I don't think you can make that argument anymore. They're a 20-win team without Lebron. Wade's team couldn't have been that much worse without him.

9. Steve_Francis_rules

Wade led Miami to the title because the Mavs were a bunch of choke artists. It still wasn't completely in his hands. Without some missed clutch free throws by guys who are normally money, the Heat couldn't have won game three. When the Cavs made it to the Finals, they may have played a "less talented" team, but they didn't play a team that was so mentally fragile. They played proven champions.

And if it's all about leading your team to victory, how come Lebron doesn't get any credit for winning seven (!) playoff series since the last time Wade advanced past the first round? Sure, Wade "led his team to victory" in 2006, but he hasn't led them anywhere since then, while Lebron has been winning at least one series every year.