1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ESPN] Update on Vince Carter rumors (includes proposals)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aznoob, Feb 17, 2009.

1. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Those 4 players would gut our roster and leave it very unbalanced. We would 2 backup centers in Deke and Boone (who is the worlds worst FT shooter). We should have 2 2's TM and VC. We become mysteriously weak at SF unless we move injured and demoralized TM there.

Must be more to this than we are hearing...

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Of course, thacabbage's post was pure sarcasm....

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

How about ron, landry, battier and head for Harris?!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This deal is DEAD people.
    Morey isn't an Idiot.
    When Carter turns 36 and doesn't want to play we'll be in the same boat without Landry
    17, 18 mill. the last two seasons for Carter.....NO WAY!

5. tested911

tested911 Member

I would do it if we were able to sign Artest to a longer contract.

6. yobod

yobod Member

Clearly you don't understand the art of negotiating. Why would we take the first offer they give us....ESPECIALLY when they got Carter for a stale bag of doritos from the Raptors. The ONLY mistake Morey has made is that he passed on that Billups + Prince proposal over the summer, and back then, T-Mac was still talking about coming back extra fierce, and how he was excited to be back to 100%. Morey isn't even considering that counter-proposal that the Nets gave him, so calm down. It's called negotiating, and the big boys know how to do it.

7. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

I'm sure you are being sarcastic, but Devin Harris and Vince Carter are the New Jersey Nets.

8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

The last line of the article is interesting. IF we have in fact been shopping TMAC, then he'd know it, and it would make complete sense for him to leak info that he might need microfracture surgery, so no one trades for him. It'd be quite funny if NJ trades for him anyways, even if he keeps faking his injury :D

9. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Im no G.M but Morey should make a counter of his own. If they really want Battier who is not the same as he once was he should hit them in the head with this:::::

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine.

Last time I checked Defense wins games indeed but it is 5 on 5 not 1 on 1.

10. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

The ONLY way i would take Carter is if we unload McGrady. PERIOD.

Wouldn't mind throwing in a Landry or Wafer if they take on McGrady.

But NO WAY I give up Artest, Battier, Landry... NO FREAKING WAY.

How would we improve? Still have a gimpy McGrady and lose 3 solid players.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Your trade didnt show up. Just the link to the trade machine.

12. yobod

yobod Member

Does anybody else get the feeling that this whole Vince Carter story is just misdirection from Morey, much like the Iverson story in the off-season? Knowing what we know about Morey, when has he EVER allowed this kind of speculation on any transactions that he's made? The guy is all about the smoke and mirrors, and I kinda think it's pointless to sit here and call for his firing if he's thinking about this proposal or that proposal. When it comes down to it, we all know a trade is more likely to happen than not.....but it's probably going to come out of left field. If Carter DOES come to Houston, I'll be VERY surprised if it's any of the proposals that have been listed here.

13. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

I agree with you but I'll rather have Josh Boone. He is a good role player. Just needs to be on a winning team. I would think if Morey was to go through with this trade that there as to be another trade brewing up. I would hope that he is not that crazy.

14. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Jersey living up to its reputation again. Thats an insane proposal. And its funny how the article states their concern over T-mac's health. Well DUH! Thats the main reason why Houston wants to ship him out.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hopefully the real deal is for B. Davis and Kamon

16. The Brian

The Brian Member

EXACTLY.

mcgrady must be in the trade or i will not do this, especially giving up that much top tier talent.

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

How about just Head+Dorsey for Boone?

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

OK, Artest, and Wafer for a soft VC. The deal seems to be fair for both, get it done sooner.

19. The Brian

The Brian Member

i'm having a long day. :eek:

20. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Likely what is going to happen is it will be a mix.

Either Landry, Battier OR Artest is going with Tmac for Carter, Boone, Hassell, +fillers (if needed).

That's imo the most likely to happen.