1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Thorpe on Kobe vs LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Dec 23, 2009.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

plus i see lebron as more power than skill, he has skill, but he doesn't rely on it as much as kobe, you see kobe's skill every night, he is a top guard of all time no matter how he ranks, his skill, like tmacs, is obvious.

lebron doesn't need to rely on skill to finish at the rim, as some players do, i.e. scola has skills that lebron couldn't touch, for now he just simply bumps off his man, dunks or lays it off the glass, i hope lebron develops his shot more b4 he loses his athletic dominance, he'll be really scary then

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Still weak to me... weaker than Kobe's for sure.

3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

percentages say otherwise..kobe may be better at getting circus shots over 3 defenders to go in, but that to me just says 'poor shot selection'.

4. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Mo W and Shaq were all star last year, Odom and Bynum ain't all star last year. And undoubtly Cavs have a much better bench.
    Let's not pretend LBJ has no support.

5. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

% includes layup. LBJ gets to the hoop way more often, that's why his % is higher. If you check breakdown from 82games, his mid-range game is way worse than Kobe's. He did shoot better 3 this year, but Kobe's having a career worst on 3. Maybe it's the fingers.

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

exactly, kobe can actually shoot, if you watch lebron outside of the highlights you'll know he still is not a reliable shooter

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lebron just started bullying in the paint this year. Ask battier and artest. With that being said that completes his game.

Cleveland 2010 Nba Champions. :eek:

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Exactly... LeBron was never meant to be a shooter like MJ and Kobe.

9. timmy

timmy Member

MJ wasnt a shooter in his early days. He was an athletic freak just like LeBron that dont need to settle for the jump shots like Kobe does.

LBJ's shots are getting better day by day, he used to not have 3's in his package, now a constant reliable weapon. His fadaway j's are getting better too.

The guy just turned 25. Sky is his limit.

10. adoo

adoo Member

besides flopping, what'd that be ?

11. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

nba hotspots shows kobe better at the midrange jumper and lebron better at 3point shooting. i didn't include layups or dunks.