1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] The Confession of Arian Foster

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

If you're not religious nor atheist, what are you?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Agnostic

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dr. Pepper

4. TheMountainTop

What's his brand?

5. TheMountainTop

An agnostic or a Panthiest

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I listened to Pancakes say on the radio this afternoon that Bob McNair is going to be offended and will cut Arian next year not because of salary or performance but because of this story. Honestly Pancakes sounded like he was more than a little offended himself that an athiest would have the gall to speak his views out loud.

Arian is a pretentious douche, but Pancakes did the one thing I thought was impossible - made me side with Arian. The idea that all the "good christians" are somehow suffering injury because Arian dare speak his beliefs makes me want to punchanged Pancakes in his fat gut. Arian has just as much right to his beliefs as anybody else, and he doesn't need to "be careful"expressing them any more than Christians should be castigated for expressing theirs.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's funny you think of it that way. To each their own, I guess.

I think what he's meaning is that, to him, someone who doesn't pray, praying is like thinking to himself. So, for him to tell Forsett that he'll think of him, is basically axknowleding what Forsett said, and saying likewise. It's a mutual sign of respect that Foster is sending back. Letting him know he cares.

I often think of my friends, both new and old. I think back to my childhood and of my friends with great fondness. For me, though, to pray for them, I feel is pointless. It's just thoughts to me. Same thing here.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Please tell me this isn't true. I don't want to stop being a Texans fan :(

9. Major

Major Member

If you didn't care, it's odd that you'd spend the time to read it or comment on it. Generally the response of not caring comes with actually not caring. You seem awfully self-centered to think he should make any decisions based on what you or anyone thinks of him.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I didn't hear him and his angle sounds ridiculous....BUT, do we really think McNair is cool with this story? Has he ever spoke about the subject? He could see this almost as bad as having a record, if this is all just black and white to him.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Zzzzz...

Anyone else find this boring?

The most interesting thing about him is his amazing feats on the field.

12. TheMountainTop

Agreed

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly now that I've thought it through, I'm guessing Pancakes is extrapolating from his own personal feelings with his knowledge that McNair is deeply religious.

And, really, what was the last prediction that Pancakes made that actually turned out to be true? It was probably something about someone in a leather helmet running the single wing.

14. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

The part of the article of interest to me is that he was raised Muslim and prayed 5 times daily. I hadn't specifically heard of a Muslim turning atheist before, although I'm sure this is not the first time. I guess if it happened in the middle east they would probably keep it to themselves.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sup... There are plenty of us in existence.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Arian should have kept this to himself. People are very judgmental. A lot of times, the most judgmental ones are the most spiritual ones.

As far as Muslims go, I've met a few. I grew up in a very religious household and have struggled with what I believe in for years.

I'm all about likelihood. It doesn't appear likely to me that any of the stories are true. Evolution and just some dumb luck for life to exist on our planet does appear likely to me.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The onus should be on the judgmental pricks not to be judgmental on someone who just simply states what he believes, especially something as benign as atheism.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The last I checked...Evolution was still defined as a theory, yet people continue to regurgitate that BS as scientific law. Evolution is just yet another attempt by mankind to reason why/how we came to be.

Foster has the right to believe that the presence of God does not exist, and he has the complete right to think that we evolved from some single cell organism that magically was put on earth by sentient beings from the planet Kalypto; eventually evolving into human beings. Just stop projecting this air of arrogance thinking you have come to understand the world better than these "simpleton's" that blindly believe in some form of a supernatural being...

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Eye rolled so hard my right eye is stuck. Thanks.

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I hope you're alright now.