1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] The Confession of Arian Foster

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Aug 6, 2015.

1. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

naw, I just met a lot supercilious atheists in my time who act very snotty, sometimes worse then religious people . And this is coming from a guy who leans toward not believing.

2. TheMountainTop

If you read the article, he is not trying to push his beliefs on anyone but defending his own. He is not the anti-Tebow.

3. TheMountainTop

How so? Because he is not a meat head? Because he's intellectual?

4. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I would have preferred that Foster refrain from publicly revealing this stuff until he retires from the NFL. Just keep quiet about controversial non-football subjects, concentrate on his job, get his groin healed up.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What does it have to do with his ability to train or play football? Are you saying the same thing about JJ Watt who seems to be in every commercial and tv show going right now?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Because he pretends to be something he's not to promote his "brand" and it's annoying. He reminds me of that college freshman that just got home from their first semester who thinks they know something because they took a class. He comes off immature and unintelligent to me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Great article. Decent story.

Lack of religion is no doubt a bigger thing for professional athletes than 99% of other adults, so it's interesting to hear.

The thing about atheists is, while they are generally disliked in lame ass polls, there's no real way in which they are discriminated against. Last I heard, they tended to be more educated and wealthy and had the lowest rate of incarceration. So any "out" campaign that invokes similarities to oppression received by racial minorities or even homosexuals is absurd and stupid. But I don't think that's what Arian is doing; I think he's just saying "hey, we're here, just fyi." And I have no problem with that.

Just sucks that Jesus had to go and f*** with the man's groin.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Whatever.

Just get better and get back on the field.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arian thought college should be an adventure that demands adaptability and invites discomfort.</p>&mdash; Travis Heath (@DrTravisHeath) <a href="https://twitter.com/DrTravisHeath/status/629656374280990721">August 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When Forsett ends a conversation or text with &quot;I'll pray for you&quot; - as he often does - Foster responds with &quot;And I'll think for you.&quot;</p>&mdash; Travis Heath (@DrTravisHeath) <a href="https://twitter.com/DrTravisHeath/status/629656741337149440">August 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Buck Turgidson

I get this vibe too. He's not Jaden Smith, but he's in the same very large ballpark.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

BS...

Hopefully this encourages more athletes, celebrities, and influencers to also come out and say they don't believe in God.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why is it that he's "pretending" to be intelligent?

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The reason he comes off as a douche is that he kind of is/was. That's kind of the point he's trying to make. Within the last few months, he's tweeted how he's given up taking himself so seriously and that's allowed him to be more comfortable with himself and others. I think he realizes it's a process. I can't hate on him for that. Making this public is just another way for him to be free and not worry about what people think.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Never said that. He's pretending to be something he isn't. And saying, "I like Egypt" doesn't make you intelligent.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People are just hostile period. To go public with anything is a major risk, unless you're JJ Watt kissing babies.

When Forsett ends a conversation or text with "I'll pray for you" - as he often does - Foster responds with "And I'll think for you."

This is passive-aggressive kinda stuff. Just cheesy, in my opinion. But it will earn him hero worship from some groups and hostility from others. Yay, social media.

#35 napalm06, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Foster should literally not expend any energy, mental or physical, on anything other than healing that groin, folks.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is no institutionalized oppression of atheists in the U.S. All oppression comes within communities and families. Kids are shunned by parents because they choose not to believe and many Bible Belt towns disparage atheists in their community.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

someday people will grow up and not give a **** about what other people believe

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't give a **** if you believe that

20. macho87

macho87 Member

Arian Fostet doesn't believe in condoms either.