1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Tebow will play for Jaguars in 2013

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Commodore, Dec 22, 2012.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

At least if he ends up in Jacksonville, it will likely end all the argument about him.

If he competes with Gabbert and can't beat him out, I would think it would be pretty obvious that he just isn't going to be a starter in the league. Likewise, if he gets a chance to start and can't cut it, I doubt any other team in the league will be chomping at the bit to grab up the Jags leftovers.

But, since he is going to get a chance to compete, there's a chance he wins the job and plays well and those that still think he can be a starter in the league will be proven right.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

(New GM David Caldwell)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Caldwell: I can't imagine a scenario where Tim Tebow would be Jacksonville Jaguar.</p>&mdash; Jacksonville Jaguars (@jaguars) <a href="https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/289480615307386881" data-datetime="2013-01-10T21:15:31+00:00">January 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Owner looks at ticket sales.
    Owner calls GM.
    Tebow is introduced at a press conference with teal jersey.

Unless...

Owner looks at ticket sales.
    Owner calls LA
    Tebow is introduced as an LA Jaguar.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Contrary to popular belief....the Jaguars aren't that terrible in ticket sales. They rank like 20th or something in stadium attendance %, and didn't have a blackout all year, unlike the Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, etc.

Not popular, but not a joke when it comes to stuff like that...just to be fair.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Maybe it changed this past year with the new owner trying hard to get fans on board. Blackouts or not, this was the jags team that was using tarp to reduce seating and probably buying out their seats last year.

6. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Member

Jesus freak rejoice in Jacksonville...football fans....not so much.

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Part of that is also because they have permission from the league to cover big chunks of seats in the stadium with tarps. That bumps the % and allows them to claim enough tickets sold to avoid a blackout.

8. leroy

leroy Member

I thought it was the owner that didn't want him last season.

1 person likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Very true, very true...but even with the tarps, the Jaguars have one of the larger stadiums in the league. They do average more fan attendance than some of the teams I mentioned previously. They get a bad rap, though, their team is pretty terrible at this point so not surprising to see them near the bottom consistently.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

I thought HENNE had the starting spot now. :confused:

He's proven he's starter material, not backup... *see game vs. Texans*