1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Support for Kevin McHale remains strong within the organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 25, 2014.

1. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

McHale has zero respect from the NBA in regards to a managerial gig; he was horrible in Minnesota, and equally as bad as a coach with the Rockets.

Enough is enough with this guy, he does not COACH. He just tells stories, and chills with the guys. I don't think there's a single defensive scheme we've gone over, our players don't even know whether to switch or stay on screens, whether to hedge on screens, double, trap, or anything. It's every man for themselves.

Offensively, there has been no play-calling at the end of games to help generate an easier bucket. It's been consistently iso Harden since we've gotten James, it's been pathetic.

This series is nothing about our lack of talent, experience, or ability. It's simply being outcoached. Stotts is running circles around McHale, much like Carlisle did this regular season. Just simple in-game adjustments and McHale is perplexed.

****ing idiot.

1 person likes this.
  2. SacTown

SacTown Member

If Harden could hit the broad side of a Barn then we wouldn't be talking about McHale right now.

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

For once I agree with Sactown

All you "told you he sucked" fire mchale opportunists are a sad excuse for fans. And anyone that thinks JVG is coming back is a foolio. Almost as bad as you "Hire George Karl" chumps.

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Most of your point is spot on. He does more coaching wise than you let on but maybe you are overexagerating to make your point. Mchale doesn't run plays, twice I can remember Lin putting plays for the final shot together. We have seen it all season, Mchale draws up plays with one action. He never has multiple actions going on or any counters when the initial action is stopped.

He hasn't added any more structure to the offense. The players obviously need more guindance espicially when they are missing shots. A handful of sets they are comfortable with. We don't need a Spurs offense, just basic stuff many of us here have suggested. No new plays to get Howard post touches closer to the basket which makes no sense to me. Getting Howard deep position is the only way to justify going to him so much. It is also a shame because he is really good with deep position.

Mchale will get his last year, but for that year the teams needs veteran assistant coaches who can take these areas over.

Mchale is not a hands on coach, I think he likes to sit back and oversee everything looking after the big decision. With a young team, we have seen the glaring negatives.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

McHale is gone for sure now

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Uhoh, McHale just got the "dreaded vote of confidence." Now it's sure that he is feeling the heat.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can't believe McHale still has defenders on here.

Loyalty is nice but unless you're related to McHale or he's secretly a Mafia boss and you're his caporegimi, you have no business backing him up.

8. MichaelG281713

It doesn't matter what coach we have?

You can't mean that.

We should sweep the blazers. Coaching held us back on an extreme level.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Again, you have to "play the game" outside of the game.

Support can be singular or plural.

10. Rockness

Rockness Member

When we get swept, yes not if, he is gone.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

The coaches wanted Gogi, Zeller, and this season Dunleavy.
    Instead the front office signed/drafted Lin, White, & Casspi. Build a better team first before they worry about replacing the coaching staff.

Dunleavy's 35pts from tonight would be helpful right now.

12. basketballholic

That's too short-sighted. We have a chance to get a third superstar. And we'll probably get him either this off-season or next. Having those guys weighing down the salary cap destroys that opportunity. After we get our third star then we can go get guys like Dunleavy, etc.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

McHale should not go anywhere. Rockets role players and especially the bench have looked far inferior in athleticism and intensity as other teams outside of Bev and Asik.

Dwight Howard would not have chosen the Rockets if McHale wasn't here. Remember that.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/2251/summer-scoop-now-what-for-rockets

15. conquistador#11

^^ that is just a scary thought.

16. torocan

torocan Member

McHale getting his option picked up would make me feel queasy...

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

why do people keep posting stuff from this "reporter"? shes garbage and has very little credibility

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

NEW COACH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I agree with you 100% Daniels should of played more too though

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I'm promising myself to not watch the Rockets next season until the playoffs if McFAIL is still the coach. I have barely missed a game since 1986.

THAT'S HOW MUCH I HATE HIM AS A COACH FOR THIS TEAM!