1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Stephen Jackson fined $50K

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Chuck04, Nov 6, 2010.

1. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

This.

I'm sure you would be furious too if you were in SJ's shoes. Of course in a normal job, you wouldn't complain to your boss because of the fear that you might be fired. But Stern sure as hell isn't SJ's Boss. His boss is MJ. If you were SJ and you thought the ref made a bad call, you would argue with the ref. Getting paid $10million doesn't mean you wouldn't argue if you thought something was unjust.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol you can't be serious with this statement.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Exactly. Of course we won't argue with our boss because we know we won't get fired.

NBA players don't get fired for arguing with the refs so it is silly to compare them arguing with the refs to a normal person arguing with their boss.

Also since when did the refs become the boss of the players in the NBA? That might be the problem anyway the refs think they run the show when nobody pays to see the referees.

4. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Why should you get to argue with the ref when all the other NBA players don't get to argue with the ref.

Why should SJ get this special privilege?

What kind of NBA game would it be if all the players were allowed to argue with the ref?

There are about 50 foul calls per game. Are we going to sit and watch 50 whiners crying every game?

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nobody said Stephen Jackson should get special privileges.

In some cases you can see the Refs trying to pick an argument with a player. Why doesn't Stern start fining the refs?

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't even have a problem with him getting fined, but to say NBA players should shutup and say yes sir because they are getting paid millions is wrong.

7. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Then what are you saying?

Stern does fine and suspend refs.

A well known ref, Tim Donaghy, was thrown out of the NBA.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Pretty obvious that I'm talking about NBA players in general and not just Stephen Jackson.

9. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

And what are you saying about basketball players in general?

They should all be allowed to cry to the officials?

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yes they should be allowed to complain to an extent.

The new tech rules are bogus. Some horrible techs have been handed out.

Basketball is an emotional sport.

11. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

I'm tired of watching all the whiners in the NBA. From SJ, Lebron, Kobe, Wade, CP3, Dirk, <whoever>.

STFU and play.

You whine, you get fined. I'm cool with.that.

Already there's been a massive drop in whining and I think it's great that I don't see all those crying faces anymore.

12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Only players that get to have special privileges are superstars (Kobe,Lebron,Dwade etc.). Everyone argues with the ref's calls. Even Battier does it. Just because you get paid doesn't mean you won't argue. The "No Arguing with Ref Rule" is so inconsistent. I see players like Kobe arguing about a call and gets away with it. No tech, no fine. To say SJ should get fined because he argued to the ref is absurd especially since he called the ref out when he was walking out. In case you haven't noticed, every single call, the player who gets the foul would walk up to the ref and argue about it. It's natural. The only reason SJ should be fined is if he beats the ref to pulp.

13. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Hey if you want to defy the rules, don't cry about the fine.

SJ knows he's going to get fined yelling at the refs; he keeps doing it. Why is he crying about getting fined? Why should he be allowed to get away with it?

Show me any player who has argued with a ref this season and didn't get a technical.

14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Ok let's agree to disagree. Let's might as well change the NBA to the No Bawling League because we don't want the players to show any emotions at all. I can't wait for the playoffs. I wonder how many techs the refs would call for each time a player shows emotion.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

So you really think that the refs have given every person who argued a call a tech?

Nope not true at all.

16. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Show me.

SJ's already gotten 2. Kobe's gotten 2, Dwight's gotten 2

Everytime I see a player yelling at a ref, he's gotten a technical.

No player gets away with yelling at a ref this year that I've seen.

Yelling, whining, crying...all that is gone this year and I love it.

17. nebula955

nebula955 Member

The problem is that the rule is lame.

18. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

I can agree to disagree.

I'm sick and tired of all these whiny stars crying to the refs like they should get special privileges.

No more pouting Kobe, no more stupid looks from Duncan, no more Lebron begging for fouls.

I love it.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

I have league pass and have watched a lot of games. Yes some players do get away with arguing at times.

lol @ show me, How in the world am I supposed to show you who argued and didn't get a tech. Just watch an NBA game.

But example Tony Parker called for a charge tonight. Complained to the refs no charge.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

My bad meant to say complained to the refs but no tech