1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Sportsnation Poll]Best center in NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scv_rockets, Jan 11, 2008.

1. tsunami

tsunami Member

You don't even deserve me name calling you, it's an insult to name calling.

2. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i'm going to take the high road now. but i will get in the way of your yof'ing whenever i feel like... :p

3. zoids

zoids Member

That's it. Welcome to my ignore list, so don't bother to respond to my message.

What kind of r****d are you? The opposite of "can't shoot outside of 10 ft" should be "able to shoot outside of 10ft". :eek:

Another example of haters are brainless and just distort logics to justify their own delusions.

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

who cares. whom you think you are? once again, shi!t like you doesn't deserve a crap, safe driving though.

5. koreyby

koreyby Member

that's true.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

i'd prefer if our opponents continue to underestimate yao.

7. Sextuple Double

If I watch Sportscenter and not the games I would vote the same way too.

8. username1

username1 Member

I would be interested to see what the vote results would be if it was by NBA players and coaches....

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

DH's numbers this year are :eek:

I can see him getting infront of Yao but Amare? Hes yesterdays news! :mad:

10. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

No way that HOward is better than Yao. Howard getting lot of votes due to his stats 25/15. Otherwise, Yao easily owned him. How come Amare is having more votes than Yao. Seems like the Chinesse fans of Yao didnt know about that poll. ;)

11. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Anything can happen in one game. Yao outplayed howard in 1 of their 2 meetings, but shaq dominated yao this season too, so I don't think we can make any conclusions on who is better yet. The fact that yao dominated howard the previous years is irrelevent because howard is a rapidly developing young player that wasn't supposed to be as good as yao until this season.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Where is China when you need them? I'm shocked that Yao is behind Amare. Then again, he is all over the highlights.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I told everybody not to be getting up in arms over the Eastern Sports Programming Channel.

They are nothing more than a propaganda network (like Fox News or even the DIsney Channel), they pick and choose who they're darlings are.....why do you think the Spurs are so unbeloved? When in fact, if take that same team and put it in Boston or New York, they would be easily be considered one of the greatest championship runs of all time. 4 championships in span of 8 years, that's impressive Why is Tim Duncan put on the back burner?

Why is that some players receive much more criticism than others (ala A-Rod), even though compared to other top-notch hittter/home run players his actually had better postseason success?

Sports, unlike politics and entertainment, can't really put a who's in and who's out into play as much, because everything is based on God given talent and acquired skills. You can hype people up all you want to, they may not pan out because their not that good to begin with, also . In politics and entertainment, you can hype person throw their face on people magzine and TMZ a few times, you suddenly got yourself a star.

2) How many people in that poll actually watch basketball or even fall what went on the game, night in and night out? People don't really understand how defense is supposed to work and why intangible type players are so important?

14. setdarkness

setdarkness Member

Don't confuse traditional basketball statistics with production. Not only are they woefully skewed in what they do show, they are as notable for the countless aspects of basketball that they do not show.

Frankly, though many of Yao's statistics are down from a year ago, I've never thought so much of his abilities and game-to-game performance as I do now.

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

No, I said Howard cant shoot outside 10 feet. Didnt mention anything about frequency.

16. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Who cares, ESPN sucks.

17. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Great choice of words to describe the play of the player on your supposed team even though the stats show otherwise. I wonder who you voted for.

18. 2rings

2rings Member

People are more interested in flash and spectacular dunks than they are effectiveness. Yao just isn't that flashy and people don't are attracted to flashy. Ignorant, but true.

19. longhornchampno

You still haven't replied to the question of the poster that you responded to and your explanation still doesn't make any sense at all.

20. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

It says Tyson Chandler? Wtf?!

Whatever!

The sooner people get that Yao is THE MOST DOMINANT and BEST center in the WORLD better for them.

Shaq? - We've dealed it last yr

Howard - Full respect boy but STILL you can't reach Yao, lower your stats since you play in (L)East.

Amare - He was rival but from that knee injuries he just isn't the same player.
    Plus half of his points are from Nash.

Chandler, Ilgauskas, Okur, Kaman - I mean WHY am I writing them?