1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Sportsnation Poll]Best center in NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scv_rockets, Jan 11, 2008.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

/\ oops, wrong thread.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would say this, I respect Yao more than Dwight Howard. Yao has had to do a lot more, he's clearly worked more on his game then DH has.

But in terms of pure physically ability, DH was given greater gifts than Yao, and there's nothing that can be done about that.

No, Yao will not go down as one of the all-time great centers, he'll be considered the best of the second tier....although you never know. The way Yao works he might yet surprised us again.

But I'll say this, I'm definitely happy we drafted Yao and wouldn't have picked anyone else in hindsight.

3. krockets

krockets Member

Ouch, 2nd tier? that's one hell of insult to Yao..

And in term of physical ability, Swift could beat Yao in that department as well, but I never consider him as a better player.

Last, when we talking about stat, remember DH is in the east conference.

4. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

and that comes from a YOF...yeah, you must be very objective... :rolleyes:

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

YOF? looks like you want to behave like a judge, but you are not.

6. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

Ok, fair enough judging by your criteria of what makes of a best center(stats).

To those who are holding different opinions, maybe like me(who reckon Yao is the best center), it must be no hard feelings that we are holding different opinions. We shall since both Yao and Howard are doing great. It's understanderble that we choose one of them as the best of the best.

Anyway, that is only IMO. :)

7. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

ESPN is ESPN,they also often suck!
    only for entertainment.

8. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

but you are? who are you to call people haters? :p

9. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

You are such a parasite on this board. I'd say 90% of your posts are about Yao Ming and none of those are positive. WTH are you doing here anyway? Is your life so bitter that you have to waste it by hating on someone on an internet forum? Yes, the guy is right to cal you a hater, a pathetic hater and loser.

10. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

What is sad is that the majority of texas' vote are for Howard.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Physical ability? You mean jumping ability? Cause Yao's pretty damn gifted for being so coordinated and ambidextrous for a man his size. Like people say, you can't teach 7'6". I know it comes with its drawbacks, but the combination of physical gifts Yao possesses makes him the player he is today. I don't know if you get my drift- but YAO IS A PRETTY DAMN GOOD PLAYER. Let's also not forget how deceptively strong he is as well. Yao's ability to run all day with professional athletes, his superb hand-eye coordination enabling him to shoot the way he does, and amazing balancing and coordinated footwork for a man his size makes him a FREAK of nature. The has never been a 7'6" man that could do what he does. Plus Yao is a NATURAL 7'6", not the result of a medical condition like Sun Ming Ming or Kenny George. His dad is 6'8" and his mom's 6'4". Howard's a FREAK too but another kind of FREAK. Yao doesn't have the genes to jump like Howard, but D Howard will never shoot like Yao either- his physical tools are not suited for the soft touch shooters need. Yao could be the next Kareem, Dwight could be the next Shaq, both Hall of Famers so you can't go wrong. Although there are many Great Centers of the past, if Yao keeps working hard I believe he can be a Top 10 Center all time.

12. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

To the simple minded people, physical ability ia all about how high someone can jump and how fast he can run. Since Nate Robinson can jump higher and run faster than Yao, they think Nate has better physical ability than Yao. You can't argue with these mentally-challenged people.

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

so someone like one i replied to can say all the positive things about yao but i can't be the opposite? it's because people like him i feel no need to say positive things about yao. other people say it plenty. i don't hate on yao. hating would be something like eric dampier is better than yao. my negative comments are always within reason. and my life is fine. most yofs waste way more time here than i do anyway. :p

14. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

Which player are you specifically talking about there? The post that you replied to is about Dwight Howard. What's the purpose of your reply if you are not talking about anyone in particular?

15. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

This is a Rockets board. I understand why some posters would primarily say positive things about our players. But WTH are you doing here if all your posts are negative? Is your life really that bitter and pathetic? Yes there are YOFs and there are also SYOBHs like you.

16. tsunami

tsunami Member

if you want to put yourself in that spot, I don't care.

17. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

the purpose of my reply was to disagree with what he said. dwight howard can't shoot outside of 10 feet. the opposite would be to shoot outside of 10 feet most of the time.

18. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

THis idiot is not just a hater. He's a pathetic hater.

19. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

and you're a pathetic yof...see namecalling is fun, i can do that too... :D how old are you? I'm going to post whatever i want to post. if you don't like it, you don't have to read it. and if you get all worked up because of my comments about a basketball player on an internet forum, you need to get some help.

20. MotionDefense

MotionDefense Member

All worker up???!?!? ROFL. You seriously believe that you could do that? LOL. Who do you think you are? You are just a piece of SYOBH, nothing more and nothing less. Yes you can post whatever hate posts you want to and I can also bash the heck out of you. I am having fun. Bite me. LOL