1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. FFz

FFz Member

This is our team if this trade is true.

[​IMG]

2. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Don't be so negative... I'm sure D.Morey does know what they can offer, they are just waiting on who they'll be willing to take back, when the offer sheets are off their hands... One less thing to worry about, you know?

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

3 minutes away (of gametime)!!!!

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Agreed -- I think Feigan goes a little under appreciated in this town. It is too bad that Chron sort of jerks him and its readers around so much -- but he does good work.

5. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I just kinda glanced at the salaries and this is not exact (it will be off give or take 2-4 million i think) but if dwight gets the same contract amare got (a max deal) in 2013-14 rockets will add 48 million dollars in terms of salary with the players we will have this year.. this is with turkoglu and duhons contracts not being guarenteed. the players that are on the roster now equate to having 22 million worth of contract (this does not include the 3 draft picks this year which if they are 2.5 million each on avg 7.5 million) so essentially we will be adding about 18 million additional in salary (not sure what a non-guaranteed contract means)

so unless we trade some of those contracts (hopefully turkaglou and duhon might be good trade bates next offseason bc they will be expiring contracts) it will be hard to sign a FA of consequence

6. JD88

JD88 Member

Anybody have any insight as to, of this moment, which teams next year would have the cap space to sign dwight next year if he didn't re-sign with Houston.

I'm reading a lot of 'nobody has cap space' next year as an additional factor regarding to Dwight signing a long term deal.

Also, if he does resign, how quickly, if at all, could we go out and get anotjer superstar. There are a ton of star players available in next years free agency to pair with Dwight assuming he resigns (Paul, Curry, Ellis, Harden, J. smith, Millsap, Ibaka.)

Not really crystal on the whole possible cap situation.

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Chris Webber was just talking about this and he said that he wouldn't take Dwight without that extension. It would cripple the franchise severely if he leaves.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Not if we keep our own picks.

9. what

what Member

Haven't you figured it out yet. The magic are in the business of frustrating all dwight suitors till they cry uncle.

The magic have no intention of pulling a deal for dwight, now or later otherwise one would be done.

10. JD88

JD88 Member

I read earlier Turkeyglue is not in the mix at this point. JRich, Duhon, and Davis are probably the only ones that are being looked at.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not true...Rockets/Magic arent going to pull the trigger on a deal until the Lin and Asik situations are resolved. Need to figure out the cap situation before you can figure out what players will be involved in a Howard trade.

12. what

what Member

[​IMG]

13. RocketFan

DING DING DING!! Correct! Otherwise, something on "ESPN - Right NOW" would say something about it! :p

14. JD88

JD88 Member

That's an awful take. So as a GM, you want to keep Dwight, who wants nothing more then to get out of Orlando, until the end of the season where he will just walk away and you get nothing out of him but two years of headaches and bad pub?

15. RocketFan

Why is this so hard for you to believe? :confused:

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Uncle?

If for whatever reason negotiations break off, fine. Rockets will take their ball, go home, and test out their young stars.

The Magic will be screwed, because it's clear that Howard's completely fed up with Orlando at this point. If there's no deal, I won't be happy, but I can live with it. Can't say that about Orlando?

17. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Jealous Grizzlies fan :grin:

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Yes, I believe they probably have multiple offers on the table....
    1: Both Lin's + Asik's offers are matched.
    2: Lin's offer is matched; Asik's is not matched.
    3: Lin's offer is not matched Asik's is matched.
    4: Both Lin's + Asik's offers are not matched.
    I'm just saying waiting is just getting me nervous...

19. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

This is how I feel. Want Dwight with the rockets but won't be dissapointed either if we dont get him.

20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Wow you wait 6 minutes and then demand people answer? There's a thing called google, you can look anything up on there