1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ESPN Sources: James Harden was not in Houston today but told Rockets FO he will be soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 6, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

man I’d like to think there’s some hope. This is definitely a bad look though. he obviously doesn’t respect Tillman if this is his approach to improving the team.

One thing we can see about Harden is that he doesn’t seem to care much about 2nd order consequences. he didn’t care about the downsides of the Westbrook trade. He didn’t care that his trade request killed our competitiveness in free agency.

and if we are properly diagnosing his problems with our roster, he doesn’t care that EGo is a negative contract that will cost us assets or that it doesn’t make sense for us to extend PJ.

D-rock likes this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

sushimaster and J Sizzle like this.
  3. omgTHEpotential

It's not cool what Harden is doing. But I'm not sure if I'd be able to act more maturely if I was in his shoes.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Maybe if he didn't slow walk off the ball everywhere it would be easier to counter those doubles. But that's just me.

Vivi likes this.
  5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

You don't think you could at maturely if you were 32 years old, making 40 million a year, and made the face of a franchise and an entire city? Lebron was acting more mature at age 16.

I say this as somebody that doesn't care what Harden does outside of the NBA, as long as it doesn't impact his performance on the court. But let's not pretend this is some "woe is me" situation for my guy Jimmy Buckets.

DVauthrin and bmelo like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

We have debated this many times.

I will say this though, if he really wants to win (and I believe he does), there comes a point where he needs to try something different.

James.B.H, D-rock, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So is he 2 yards away from here or is he at a club in Vegas? Haven't been following the past week or so.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This Lil Baby is a big problem. Hopefully Houston legend Travis Scott comes to save the day. He would never let Harden miss training camp.

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Like Silas said, give the dude some space

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Whatever, my money is still on Harden UNTIL he changed jersey.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Traveling Queen says he’ll be here “soon”.

Deuce, Rudyc281, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

If she loves you, she'll show you.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Who?

14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

No no no.... For about a good 2-3 months Westbrook was our best player. At that same time Harden was playing like crap. It's funny how Harden always get a pass. Let's call a spade a spade. The difference for me is I'm not a fan boy of any of these guys and can see things both ways without blinders.

Yes I agree Westbrook was by far the worse player for us in the playoffs, no excuses. In the same token when Harden folds in the playoffs people come up with excuses for his down falls.

MrButtocks likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is why he is playing GM, child's play.

He isn't serious.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harden had a slump, but Westbrook was never the team's best player. Ever. He was not a net negative at a time when Harden had a brief slump, that doesn't make him the team's best player.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know how NORAD has the Santa Tracker every Christmas Eve? well, that tells me the technology is there. I don't see why they couldn't do a James Harden Tracker so we'd all know where Harden is today. Get 'er done Murray . . . oh wait.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dwight Howard wanted to do too much on offense, despite having one of the best SGs in the game at that time. He tried to be Shaq to Harden's Kobe and ended up with pie on his face. Problem.

No one complained about CP3, the person. But when it came to CP3, the hamstring? Problem.

Did you see Russell Westbrook play offense in the bubble? More importantly, did you watch opposing defenses NOT play defense on Westbrook? Problem.

D-rock likes this.