1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Sources: James Harden was not in Houston today but told Rockets FO he will be soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 6, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand how he loses leverage. If anything, the Rockets are losing leverage, since teams are less likely to up the ante on whatever compensation they are offering to the Rockets.

I'm not necessarily mad at James for this circus, after all, this is all Tilman's doing.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe? I don't assume anything and the truth is the Rockets will be fine either way. They keep Harden and may surprise people and compete for a championship. The Rockets trade him and they will rebuild with some assets to start off with.

I am not angry and Harden at all, or really anyone involved other than Tilman for not doing everything he could do to win in the past.

3. Nook

Nook Member

If Harden reports then that means that he plays........ by not reporting, he is holding the Rockets feet to the fire to do something now.

Also, remember what complicates all of this is that Harden doesn't have an agent, which is fine when he is happy with the Rockets, when he isn't, then it becomes a problem of communication.

Harden is a brilliant basketball player, and he is actually very smart.... but it doesn't mean he knows how to handle something like this.

4. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I'll die on the hill that Tilman is the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

persian hoopa, D-rock and clos4life like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Tilman is pretty damn bad and my only hope is that his son is better.

Consider that since the season ended.......

The coach walked away and said he doesn't want to work for the owner.

The GM quit and gave up money to not return.

The franchises best two players both asked for a trade and it appears that possibly both will refuse to show up.

Patience, BamBam, jiggyfly and 5 others like this.
  6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I think Harden sees the end of his career coming, and he isn't convinced this is the organization or roster that will help him win a championship. TBH, with this owner and all the chaos this year, I understand why he may feel that way. I hope he decides to give it a try this year with the team, and there is some high upside potential with this group.

James.B.H, CCity Zero and D-rock like this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I never thought about this. Harden doesn't have an agent?? How does he negotiate contracts? Seems extremely boneheaded not to have one when you're a top-level professional athlete

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wait he doesn't have an agent ?? Damn so he's essentially just leaving the Rockets on read then on messenger lol

9. Nook

Nook Member

No, he doesn't have an agent....... he hasn't needed one for awhile. He always gets the max contract, he trusted Daryl Morey and he already had his contract with the shoe company..... he was happy with the Rockets and believed he would win a title.

Now, he doesn't trust the Rockets without Morey and MDA and even McNair (who he was with on the road) are all gone.... so this is where we are.

DVauthrin, CCity Zero, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He’s been without an agent for about 1.5 years since a little after Pelinka took the Lakers job. I would guess an agent hasn’t been necessary in that time for his contract purposes.

When he’s put pen to paper since he arrived it’s only been for the absolute max amount of money he possibly could. Agent or no agent he’s getting the max.

CCity Zero, D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i am not angry at harden either, hell i was one of the first here a year ago to say we owe it to him to trade him so he can get a ring. this was posted in light of the fact that the fuking owner had taken back less $ in every single trade transaction since buying the team.

as a bball junkie, harden is one of the most mesmerizing talents these eyes have ever seen. just the privilege to watch him play, in any uniform, is something i am grateful for. so i cannot be angry at him, it's not possible. on the contrary, i just don't want him to besmirch his storied legacy by dissing a well-meaning coach and new teammates

oh and just to reiterate again, F tildo

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

So essentially it is subjective interpretation of objective data that is flawed.

You have finally figured out what we have been trying to tell you all along, your eye test sucks.

We see you chowd.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So essentially it is subjective interpretation of objective data that is flawed.

You have finally figured out what we have been trying to tell you all along, your eye test sucks.

We see you D-Rock.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No he does not need to own anything, all he has to do is show up and play to his usual standards and all will be forgiven by true Rockets fans and not the haters.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Outlier

Outlier Member

So your bad takes are as bad in the GARM as they are in the D&D...got it.

Little Bit likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So that's what parties are now?

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

See this is you showing how much of a hater you are.

How can anybody take you serious if you think "Skinny James" just said **** it and went on a 3 week Dorito binge.

Do you hear yourself?

Really dude?

Everybody commented on how hard Harden played on defense in the bubble showing how in shape he was but I guess your "eye test" saw hi heavier than ever.:rolleyes:

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

Yes until a vaccine creates herd immunity for COVID.

19. fchowd0311

Dude, many people noticed this. People honestly thought Harden got really lean but in reality it probably was loose clothing. Than he came into the Bubble the heaviest we've seen him in his entire career. He looked chunky in the Bubble.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You talking to me?