1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: Aldridge to start free agency with Lakers, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kennysmith, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Taco Bell has slung some pretty foul food my way before, but there is something disgusting about gobs of plastic cheese and nitrate laced mini weiners that makes me throw up a little in my mouth.... throw in the grease and pasta sauce and you have full on hurling.

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Who is going to the meeting?

3. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

They have 0 leverage. Either accept a deal or he walks. If he wants Team A or Team B, A no cap space, B has it, either you deal me to A or I go to B. Teams will ALWAYS make the deal. Think Cleveland and LBJ. I said a three way, because sure, they might not want anyone but Jones, or they take contracts and a pick. Philly needs to hit the salary floor, so they def will be willing to absorb whoever if it comes with a pick or 2 and cash.

If LMA wants Houston, Portland will take whoever Houston wants them to take.

4. Sanity2disChaos

As you know from being in HR ...it happens that way sometimes :rolleyes:

Still Sh!#ty tho.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bun B and prigioni.

6. ibm

ibm Member

does it really matter that much as to who will go to meet the targeted player and how it is presented? i doubt it.

i am gonna pull a pop here... if that makes a difference, then i dont want him. :)

7. Sanity2disChaos

Teams are at LA mercy....its funny to watch actually!! He goes where he wants no matter what and gets his money either way....

8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Harden is currently in LA for Nike Basketball Academy.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Well it has gone from: Morey/McHale/Hakeem/Harden/Howard

to: Morey/Howard/Sonic cheese dogs.....

Still 12 hours away so I suspect by midnight it will be:

Basketballholic/DD/Denton

10. basketballholic

You can take my place since Kirk Hinrich opted in and you don't have anything to do now.

11. Nook

Nook Member

"We are glad that Kirk has opted in and will remain a Chicago Bull." - Garfield Foreman

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

HOU is not as strong from a "comfort" standpoint, but they make up for it from a winning standpoint. HOU is also close enough to home in SA. IMO, the best balance of winning and comfort is Houston. James Harden and Deight are already here. Morey has proven he can find role players mid season without mortgaging flexibility in the future. SA would be second on my list.

If LMA had a ring, I would make the same assumption that playing close to home would be priority. But I'm sure he wants a ring as well. That's not any time soon in LA. LMA would be 32 by the time they're able to put something respectable on the court. SA and HOU, more do HOU, gives him the opportunity to win now and play close to home. HOU has more of the win now than close proximity to home. SA has more of the proximity than winning now. Though, neither team has a clear advantage over the other.

I only think LA gets LMA because they'll offer him a lot of money right away. HOU and SA will hit snags in clearing cap space in time.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like it. He's got persuasive graphs.

14. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

It's fun being the hot girl at the party.

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol that was funny but does anyone know

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Dj Screw, Pimp C via holograms. Bun B and SlimThug via Segway Ipads. D-Morey via Apple Watch App. Harden via telephone (he'll be a block away, no point in showing up, he learned not to put any effort in anything with recruiting, Melo left him full of salt). Howard will be there with a Peak contract ready for LMA.

17. beardsanity713

Great minds think alike... this is exactly the way i saw it

18. basketballholic

I'd rather trade Kostas/Pablo to Spurs for Diaw/re-signed Joseph and keep rolling.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> as a team took 908 mid-range shots last season... LaMarcus Aldridge shot 832 by himself. <a href="http://t.co/VhbuIHU6cM">pic.twitter.com/VhbuIHU6cM</a></p>&mdash; Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="https://twitter.com/darenw/status/615888563591188480">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LaMarcus Aldridge would command projected $18.8 mil in first year. Rockets need to clear close to $10 mil to make it work.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/615913416683712512">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>