1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: Aldridge to start free agency with Lakers, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kennysmith, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets sending only half of their brain trust to LA..... no Olajuwon or Harden..... maybe we can peel Steve Francis off the Toyota Center floor and send him to "meet and sell" Aldridge on the benefits of Houston. I am sure Francis would do it for a Rockets tote bag and one of those hot dog pizzas from Pizza Hut.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

LMA would really be nice. But boy would that be pretty ****ty to ship Ariza out after the first year of a new contract signed with the Rockets, AGAIN.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I don't think LMA is coming to Houston, but I don't think SA nor LA have significantly better chances at luring him. They have the same obstacles that Houston had as far as clearing space and building a contender. It's skewed one way or another depending on the respective team.

LA will have a lot of cap room after one more year, but they still have to build. We have to assume that they will recruit the right star FAs and actually land them with their cap space.

SA has to clear space right now to offer the max to LMA. To me, SA is the perfect fit for LMA if Popovich coaches there. If not, we have to assume that the assistants can replicate Pop's success in addition to the assumption that they can clear cap space. The aging roster is also a factor. Kawahi would be a nice partner in crime.

HOU has to clear cap space, like SA, in order to offer LMA the max. Houston has the two max players that the LAL can get in a year already in place. Houston is close enough to home. The assumption in Houston is that LMA likes what we are doing here as far as style of play. He would be the go-to in a half court set, regulating Harden ISOs to bail-out only plays.

Like I said, not saying that HOU will get LMA, but the notion that we have a significantly lesser chance of landing him than SA or LA is far fetched IMO. I believe that he will be in LA, though. Unless SA and HOU do in fact have plans for max cap room ready, he will be LA.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Only difference is this time I would feel bad for Ariza.
    Also we did the same thing to AB for the fast several seasons lol.

5. Raven

Raven Member

At this point, agents know the score when they negotiate with Morey. I don't like seeing players treated like assets, but they (and their agents) are just as ruthless. It's tough, but Ariza wakes up rich every morning, so I save my pity for more deserving people.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin:

No Harden, no McHale, no Hakeem...

Morey and his fast food order? :)

It's not happening. Hope they don't waste too much time.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I agree from a total basketball perspective....but these players aren't robots. LMA has a child in SA and currently lives in LA. He's much more likely to choose those cities. Winning is great...but being comfortable in the city you are living in is another major aspect to consider. That's where Houston falters compared to the other cities.

8. LandryMegaBeast

it's a power move by morey. he's not bringing anyone to woo LMA because he's gunna convince LMA we don't need him, making LMA want us more.

it's all mind games with morey

9. ibm

ibm Member

for some reason, i've never felt excited about getting lma. in b/w him and kevin love, i'd rather have love if i get to choose one.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pop on courting free agents: &quot;I’m not calling anyone at midnight. I’ll be in bed. And if that’s the difference, then I don’t want them&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash">#NBA</a></p>&mdash; Davide Chinellato (@dchinellato) <a href="https://twitter.com/dchinellato/status/615846511591555072">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, Morey will drive up with Sonic cheese dogs for Aldridge and the Lakers officials.... no I-PAD this time.

1 person likes this.
  13. ibm

ibm Member

which pop is this? pop the great coach of the spurs, aka pop the grumpy?

14. HTM

HTM Member

Pop is awesome

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So basically just Morey and Dwight?

16. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I think he is going to end up with the Lakers.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Didn't realize he had a kid in SA - I can totally see your point there. LA is LA, and SA is also really good and closer to "home".

18. Nook

Nook Member

Well there are reports that McHale is in Spain chasing Llull and I have heard nothing about Harden being in LA to meet Aldridge.

That leaves Morey and Howard.....and Sonic cheese dogs and tots to sell the Rockets to Aldridge.....

I can see it now... Morey shows up, the Lakers brass already present, Morey has a Hawaiian shirt on, gut sticking out.... He has three soggy bags of SONIC in his hands at the door....... Howard is on his phone fighting with one of his baby mama's.

Morey tries to start talking to Aldridge when the Lakers brass start eating the Sonic cheese dogs.

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

By the way, is there anything besides the McRib that makes you throw up in your mouth more than the Hot Dog Pizza?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Quit throwing your dough in the air and make your own damn pizza!

;-)-