1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN-Simmons Prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kerfeld, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Was listening to Bill Simmons podcast- He predicts Portland in 5. Flame away. Says it is a bad a match up for them. flame away.

Lock it up, if doesnt deserve it own thread.

2. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Bill Simmons:confused: IBTL :eek:

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol in 5?

So he expects Portland to win a game in Houston? Portland who has only beaten two above .500 teams on the Road...one team without Manu and the other without Chris Paul?

If Portland loses one game at home it is done with. That is the margin they are playing with. I really don't expect them to win at Houston, we steal one game it's done with. As for Houston's road record, it's not as bad as everyone seems because we actually can beat good teams on the Road.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I don't get it. The Rockets were one shot-of-a-career by Brandon Roy away from being 3-0 this season vs. Portland. Furthermore, the Rockets are a much, much better team than they were in that first game. At this team's worst it practically beat Portland at home and beat them both times they played in Houston.

5. MattM

MattM Member

Simmons doesn't know anything about the Rockets.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If the game involves two teams outside of the New England area, he just rolls a 12 sided die to come up with his prediction.

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Simmons hates Yao.. he is crazy..

5 games huh... what a joke.

8. rawool

rawool Member

This guy just writes for amusement. I wouldn't be surprised if he has even watched more than 3 Rocket games this year.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The Rox better make him eat those words. If Simmon's is right all hell is going to break loose this off-season.

10. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I was gonna buy a Simmons mattress. Now I shall go with Sealy :cool:

11. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Yeah, that prediction makes absolute sense given that we were one less miracle shot away from sweeping the season series . . **** that guy. Go Rox.

12. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I dont see how we are the underdogs I know we dont have HCA but we are 2-1 this season against them and Roy got lucky in OT and hit that miracle shot with .8 sec left.. And we sweep them in the series last year and won all 4 games..

Rockets in 6

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

So there's the 2 vs the Celtics. What other game do you think he watched?

14. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

I love love love love Simmons, but even I will say something seems completely off with him with his NBA knowledge lately. He things Portland is the one team Houston can't beat? What? Also, if you listen, he messes up and says Portland-LA will be in the WCF before realizing there is no reseeding in the NBA playoffs.

As much as simmons seems to pick against houston (despite being bff with morey) he is still one of the best national NBA writers out there - he actually does watch ALOT of games, but I do not think he has watched houston much this year, i doubt he even knows who wafer is.

15. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

also part of the reason simmons prob picked portland in 5 is he likes to look at the home-away order. basically he thinks it makes more sense that portland will finish the rockets off in 5 (in portland) than in 6 (in houston). he thinks portland will win with having more home games. he talked alot more about this in his 2008 playoff podcast.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

he lives in LA and has season tickets to the clippers maybe he went to one of those games?

17. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Everyone is picking Portland because its the safe pick and history has shown we can't advance .....that's the only reason.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

No big surprise. Bill beats off to Brandon Roy and has demeaned Yao since before he was drafted.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Who's Simmons?

LAWL.

20. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

Maybe he's just ribbing Daryl Morey, his buddy.