1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ESPN] Seven Scenarios

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by durvasa, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well the conventional wisdom would fly out of the window if LaMarcus Aldridge is still on the board when the Hawks pick. Nobody in their right mind would pick Shelden Williams over Aldridge.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Well Shelden does have scoreboard.

I know, I (much like the respected Chad Ford) wouldn't be surprised to see LeMarcus go at the #1 either. But as a guestimate: Toronto was hip on Bargnani AND then got the Itailian GM. Chicago has been telegraphing Thomas, Cats Gay and the Blazers could sure use a hero, a guy wouldn't be a shock at the #1 himself. And then you get to the Hawks rumored promise.

They absolutely need to trade down.

3. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I would.

Production over potential. Power, consistancy, shot blocking, scoring, attitude, rebounding, Sheldon has Aldridge beat in all these categories.

4. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

The last few days I have been thinking about the 2006 Draft.

At first, I actually really cared about who we pick, but the more I see how horrible this season went, I don't care who we get at the 8th. Anything we get out of this draft is a gift from the basketball Gods.

Injuries killed us this season and only allowed for minimum chemistry to develop among the players we currently have. I would have been happy with no pick after this season because we have a nice squad, they just need to have the opportunity to become "one".

I would like to see these changes happen this year.

Swift starts to play the 5 a little more and eventually becomes Yao's back up C after Deke retires.

Skip stays healthy and attacks the basket more to cause havoc for opposing teams.

Luther continues to play and eventually becomes a great rotation player.

I love Hayes. As long as he gets time on the court he will be a positive for us. Hustle has no stat.

Deke can still be a huge help. Only if Yao continues his play this can happen. It will be less court time for Deke so he can come in and grab a couple, change a couple, block a couple, and wave a couple...

As for Tracy, I have not given up on him yet. A healthy T-Mac can go toe to toe with anything...

So hopefully at the 8th, we can get someone really good that can help us for the next couple of years no matter what. When you break down the draft and add up all the players from College and International levels, the 8th pick is great in my eyes.

Sure there isn't a Yao or a LeBron, but I'll take anything the Rockets decide on.

5. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Shelden Williams is too goofy-looking for me to like him in a Rockets uniform. I saw him in a couple Duke games last year and his head is way too small for his body. So hopefully none of the scenarios that have him going to the Rockets work.

We don't need another big body down low that would keep defenders around Yao. With these damn rule changes for defensive sets, all players have to do is hold on to Yao and they can just seat back and stop the pass to the low post. We need a 3-pt threat or atleast a PF with a nice range so that defenders won't be able to just sit in the low post and double Yao.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

From looking at the scenarios you can tell that he has Redick at #8 on the Rockets' board, but they will take any of Williams, Bargnani, Roy, or Thomas if they fall (when a team reaches for someone like Foye, Marcus Williams, O'Bryant or Rondo in the top 7). If things go as one would predict - and what are the odds of that happening - he has us taking Redick. There is more uncertainty with the top teams. What he is saying about the Rockets is he thinks they would rather take Redick than Foye, Marcus Williams, O'Bryant, Rondo, Brewer or Carney, and I am pretty happy with that. If we don't make a trade, I would be fine with any of those scenarios happening though.

#26 StupidMoniker, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2006