1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Scoop Jackson on the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy11, Jun 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

2. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

*points finger at McGrady* j/k j/k

3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

were cursed bro, totally fuked.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What do you mean we are not cursed? Our power forwards get shot or bit by assistant coaches dogs in the face! Our stars develop migraines, career ending heart problems, broken feet, bad backs, etc... we've had two hall of famers end their careers by being carried off the court.

CURSE

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

No idea how he overlooked the most obvious offense - trading Hakeem Olajuwon.

6. bcast89

bcast89 Member

its like running under a set up ladder, only to break a couple glass mirrors. bad luck, curse, etc. what ever you wanna call it. it started when we got rid of hakeem the DREAM. now we're in a horrible nightmare :(

7. bcast89

bcast89 Member

haha guess you beat me to it. how in the world could he have overlooked that of all things?! some sports writer he is :rolleyes:

8. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

One word: Uniforms.

1 person likes this.
  9. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Yup. Worst mistake the Rockets ever made, and now, the curse continues.

10. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

This is wayy overly dramatic. This guy is just trying to get an article that will create some sort of "shock value" so that a lot of people will want to read it. Throughout the whole article he tries to create suspense. There is very little substance to it.

Come on guys, we arent even close to being the most unluckiest team in sports. We have been in the playoffs consistently. What about those teams that have the worst record in the league consistently? Clippers anyone? Grizzlies? Or those teams that cant seem to get anybody to stay in their city because of geographical location? Toronto? And that's just mentioning the NBA.

Jackson is an idiot. :rolleyes:

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hakeem may have wanted to leave. Forcing out Rudy was worse.

12. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Yeah, it's just hyperpole. Having said that, you did read the article. Mission accomplished! - Scoop Jackson ;)

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

concur

The jersey forced Dream out.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont get you guys

last year everyone was praising Scoop because he was the one writer who picked the Rockets to win it all early in the season and then wrote still another "they are not out" piece after mcgrady went for the season

now he writes another piece just saying about the rockets injury woes and he is an idiot? i mean look at it every season for the past 4-5 years the rockets have had major injuries to key players on the team its not surprising for anyone to say that. yet jackson is an idiot?

i mean a few days ago richard justice wrote an article about moving forward without yao and it was a terrible piece..EVERYONE bashed him of course because he is a terrible writter.

then he writes about how it can be an opportunity for the Rockets and how they could land chris bosh (all PURE speculation I may add) and everyone says its a great article and all.

You guys need to take off your Rocket tinted glasses and see the reality that is in front of us. There was nothing said in any of these articles that wasnt that far from the truth (except Justice's article on bosh) just because someone doesnt agree with your point of view as an engaged fan does make them an idiot or "he doesnt watch the team he knows nothing"

I am glad Morey is as objective as they come when it comes to being a GM otherwise you would have a terrible franchise (see the CD years) with mediocre players and bad contracts

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't know... sort of feels like the Rockets are cursed to me.

Maybe we just need to pay Barkley whatever money we owe him... that seems to be where the curse started.

16. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

I know it feels like Rockets are cursed, but stuff happens

Yao Ming - Always injured because he's awkwardly built, his torso is longer than his legs, 325 lbs running up and down the court is not easy, plus playing year round basketball, he is bound to breakdown

Tracy Mcgrady - This one's easy, he's always hurt b/c he is lazy

17. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

We need to change back to the oldschool uniforms permanently ala Detroit. Come on Rockets pleaseee!!!! Someone on here with connections to the team needs to make a serious petition on here and get everyone to sign it saying they want the red and yellow back and the championships too baby!!

18. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Rockets went down hill after they changed their logo in 1995.

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

No kidding man,, seriously I think we are cursed,,,, I mean look at the situation, it's just keep getting better and better....What can you say....

20. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

what a lame article