1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Says Houston & Dallas Could Go After LeBron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nodstonothing, May 17, 2010.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Don't worry. Morey's not like the majority of clutchfans or new yorkers, he's a realist.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lebron played out his contract in Cleveland and took the Cavs to the Finals. he never in his years with Cleveland demanded a trade.

don't compare MVPs to non-MVPs.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I read your post wrong. I thought you said you wouldn't give up he #1 pick for LeBron in a trade.

But, considering your name is "Yao4Real", I think you are pro-Yao anything. I would give up Yao for LeBron in a swap deal. No one is stupid for thinking that. Just have different opinions. Get out if that's what you're going to go down to (calling others stupid).

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Your statement is some what true when I watch the Cavs/Celtics series. I can not believe Lebron pass the ball to one of his teammates and stay in the corner gesturing the Cavs move the ball to someone else. All this while the Cavs are in desprate need of a bucket. I can not believe my eyes.

If this is Kobe, I have no doubt the ball will go to him at the post or Dallas goin to Dirk. Lebron like to defer to his teammates when they're really behind. For example, i see him pass the ball to Verajao or someone else rather than taking upon himself and score....this is reminicent of Tmac's game, a lack of motivation. But Lebron does take it upon himself and score but there are times he should not have pass to any one of his teammate at all especially one that isnt' a good shooter. I rather him force a shot than seeing Verajao taking a shot. All these when the Cavs are behind......totally unacceptable.

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

This summer is gonna be so much fun, I can't wait.

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yes iam pro-Yao but this doesn't mean i support him no matter what. I know when I see a good player. Would i do a Yao-Lebron trade? I would say 50/50 because first of all, if you trade Yao and get Lebron...you're not going anywhere anyway without a presence inside....so why even bother trading for Lebron when essentially you're giving away a presence inside. Lebron proven he can't do it alone with the Cavs.

7. MD_in_Training

I'm not saying Lebron likes Houston, but how do you know he doesn't? We all know he likes NYC, but he's been mum about every other team/market in the league.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There was some definite quit in games 5 & 6... the only question is 'why'.
    It's obvious when you watch the way he deferred and floated. It was McGrady-esque.

That being said, of course I'd take him on my team as fast as you can blink, but I still question what caused it. I'm not buying this 'teammate & his mom" bullsh.

I give more value to the theory that he was trying to earn Mike Brown a trip out of town - especially when Brown was so hollow at the press conference after, saying things like "the guys played hard and gave everything they could, all the way to the end."

That being said I'm not sure how to gauge Lebron. Does he have a diva side of him, where he puts himself ahead of his coach?

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Great Post.

10. herro

herro Member

ummm I'd ship Yao + picks for LBJ without thinking twice.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You need to have the coach running the ship.

Phil Jackson, Rudy T, Popovich, Pat Riley etc

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Did you get my message?

13. role_50

role_50 Member

yao for lebron is not enogh! why would cleveland want an injury prone center with the same injury they got rid of in ilgauskus. yao is not gonna be at his best for a lil' while and no sign that he is healed and can play. lebron on the other hand is in his prime and could bring a winning dynasty to h-town. and yes the rockets can win a championship without yao because he is just a scoring presence down low, on d he gets challenged alot to be posterized. deke is more of a defensive presence than yao because he has better footwork. yao is slow to rotate or get in position to block or callenge a shot.

14. verti89

verti89 Member

have to agree with the people asking how in the world you wouldn't trade Yao for LBJ. Yao has literally done nothing in his career to be considered a better franchise player than Lebron. Yes he is...errr...WAS big and the best offensive center in the league WHEN he is actually healthy but nobody really can know for sure what he will be when he returns other than big. not saying i think cleveland would take a yao for lbj trade i mean they already have two old, overrated, big guys...not that i think we have a chance anyways.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stopped reading right there.

16. Prince

Prince Member

great stuff.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

W....T.....F......?

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

My dream scenario:

If Danny Ferry knew that LeBron was jumping ship, would yall be open to this trade?

Yao + Martin for LeBron + Daniel Gibson?

Use this draft to sign Xavier Henry.

Sign Jermaine Oneal

Ship Ariza + Budinger + Jeffries + Hill + Brooks for Bosh and Jack

Lowry/Jack
    Henry/Gibson
    LeBron/Battier
    Bosh/Scola
    Oneal/Hayes

19. Raven

Raven Member

You're right. There was a whiff of T Mac in his bizarre play.

20. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

lets see if clevland does want to do a sign and trade with the rockets we could give + draft picks + battier + jeffries+ hill for lebron.
    think about that we dont even have to give up brooks scola martin or yao! than we should sign and trade with toronto for bosh with hill and scola. we could than get brad miller for the LLE. we could than trade david ander son for a solid back up power foward.we than have:

pg: brooks/lowry

sg:martin/taylor

sf:lebron/ariza

pf:bosh/pf we get out of david anderson trade

C:yao/miller

that could win a championship