1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Says Houston & Dallas Could Go After LeBron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nodstonothing, May 17, 2010.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I would trade Yao for Lebron.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If Cleveland realizes he's gone, we're obviously in the mix. The only thing Dallas has going over us is that Dampier is essentially a $13M TE for instant relief, where they would have to deal with paying Jefferies & co. over the course of next year and probably cross into the luxury tax with a crummy team and a fanbase that cleared out.

The only thing we'd have over the East teams (CHI, MIA, NY, NJ) that can offer a massive TE is that the team would be happier shipping him out of the conference.

It certainly doesn't hurt that we've got a squad ready to play, the China connection, and no state income tax. But if LeBron has already decided on Chicago (closest option to Cleveland and his mega-compound, the Calipari angle, one of the 3 NBA major markets), it's all for naught.

Evan

1 person likes this.
  3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

We need to be careful with all this trade talk as it might make it very difficult for Morey to resign Scola and Lowry. :p

4. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

if this were even a possibility (which it's pretty much not), you couldn't trade Yao along with everyone else for Lebron, you need a dominant low post pressence to win a champoinship...and don't anyone say that Lebron could be that pressence, because other than his jumpshot, he is very lacking in the post game

5. mario713

mario713 Rookie

we should all write him tweets n tell him why he should come to houston!

6. mario713

mario713 Rookie

make it a thread^^^^.

7. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

You are out of your mind not to want LeBron James on your team. Just because you are not a fan of his antics doesnt mean he does not make a us better. Lebron is two Martins and a half of Battier put together.

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

IDK.... If I were in your fantasy I'd find a backup PG filler from Fondren Rec center or somewhere to fill in, bench Trevor, move Brooks to 2, and start lowry. I know Martin makes more than Ariza but maybe we trade Ariza and Andersen (Expiring next year) and then keep martin.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I have always felt that Lebron to Houston makes a lot of sense for him as he gets the China Connection, that is to say, championships and the Chinese market.

However, if Lebron's people are taking the approach that him and Calipari come together, and they are actively trying to control a franchise by naming the coach and controlling everything, then I don't think it will work here. We're not going to fire Adelman to bring in Calipari. And I do think it is the wrong move for Lebron's team to make to attempt to control the coach, etc. It is the wrong move for his career. In trying to put Lebron in the best position to maximize his marketing value and his basketball skillset, they are overthinking and overdoing. If...............they work a deal with a team and Calipari, it has FAIL written all over it. And the Rockets aren't going to go there.

If we could get Lebron without all the other stuff, I'm sure Morey would do it.

I am still holding out hope that Morey trades for Rubio. Yes, he is another year away. But Rubio is a generational talent. Combine him with Yao and Scola and you have the true international superstar team. I would trade all our draft picks and Brooks/Ariza/Hill/Budinger for the opportunity to bring both Bosh and Rubio to Houston. I think it is more doable. If we let go of Brooks, and take back Jack along with Bosh, we could send out a pile of talent plus our pick in this year's draft. Then we send Minny our choice of pics for next year and their choice of our pick or NY's pick in 2012 for the rights to Rubio. We run for a year with a point guard tandem of Jack/Lowry. Jack is underrated. He is a great defender, very good 3 point shooter, and a great finisher at the rim.

Next season:
    Jack/Lowry
    Martin/Taylor/FA
    Battier/FA (possible late 1st or 2nd round pick)
    Yao/FA/Hayes
    Bosh/Scola

2012: Add Rubio

1 person likes this.
  10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

For those want to trade Yao, you're not going to win Championship without a dominant presence inside EVEN if you have James. Yao makes is very easy to beat teams like Lakers and Spurs because they can't do NOTHING inside the paint. Sure Bynum and Gasol scores OCCASIONALLY, but generally speaking, they along with most teams can't do anything inside and had to rely on shooting jump shots all game long.

If Lebron is smart and if he doesn't care about money, he should come play for Houston...because first of all, playing with Yao will almost guaranteed championship...2nd, he's not going to lose much money for taking less since he's going to get a lot of endorsement deals from China.

If he go to Chicago...i don't think they have enough pieces and they're not proven...they have Rose who play similar position and need the ball. They have Noah and that's about it. Deng aint' that great to me.....

Miami have Wade but not much else...O'neal is a washed up player, not the same player he used to be. So, two superstars balling have never proven to win Championship.

NY doesn't have enough talents

Cavs proven they're not going no where year after year. By the way, Jamison sucks...dude is weak....lack of confident all series long. James never have a team with someone that dominate inside the paint. That's why they got beat by the Boston Celtics because Garnett and Davis are too aggressive inside...that's also a reason why it's not easy for him to score inside.

11. monster

monster Member

The "Chinese Marketing" factor should make Houston a desirable team for many players.

12. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I think Morey is going to treat this off season just how Boston did in to acquire Ray Allen and KG.

We have a center piece in Yao. He stays. We have two young PGs and are set at the position. I doubt we will get Lebron and Bosh but it might make sense. We trade a re-signed Scola, Battier, and draft picks for Bosh. We then trade Martin and Buddinger, Jeffries, Andersen and future draft picks for LeBron. Probably sign Brad Miller at back up C. Maybe sign guys like Von Wafer and Mike Harris for cheap.

Line up looks like this

PG: Brooks/Lowry
    SG: James/Taylor/Wafer
    SF: Ariza/James/Harris
    PF: Bosh/Hayes
    C: Yao/Miller

Team isnt that deep but it could be workable.

13. WillG

WillG Member

I rather have Wade, a proven winner when he has talent around him. Lebron is just a quitter like Tmac.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

If we get a top 3 in the lotto, I'd give it to Cleveland (as long as it isn't the first pick). That way, we give Cleveland a chance to get LeBron, and we only should have to give up Kevin Martin and Battier to make it work (and maybe Cleveland buys out Battier?). We'd probably have to send a NY draft pick Toronto's way for Bosh, though.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Hell...i'll give away #1 pick too...why not?? It's Lebron man!! Are you kidding me!!

16. ApuN

ApuN Member

Man this thread is pathetic.

Lebron does not like Houston.

I repeat...

And for those who are engaging in a continual delusion...

There is a better chance of "The Dream" coming out of retirement and leading the Rockets to a third championship than "The King" coming to Houston.

17. blink

blink Contributing Member

you dont watch many heat games do you? wade dogged games throughout the season

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Didn't you just say you wouldn't give up Yao? It's Lebron man!! Are you kidding me!!

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I have a boner.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yao is as good as Lebron imo. The only difference is they play different position so their role is different. One being dominant outside and one inside.

Yes i did say i wouldn't give up Yao..so what is your point?? I did say i will give up #1 pick of this year if we happened to get it. If you imply giving up Yao who used to be #1 pick?? You're stupid!