1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets to evaluate GM Daryl Morey, interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

No chance for any team to win a championship in the next 3 yrs.
    The warriors are a dynasty in the making and the core guys are just reaching their primes.
    No matter if Morey gets Durant or whoever. It still won't be enough.

Face it people....
    This Warriors team will go down as the all time greatest.
    Only the Spurs have a chance to win maybe 1 or 2 games against them.

As for Dwight Howard???
    The game has out grown him.
    He can't guard today's versatile bigs.
    Watching him against Draymond was a complete joke.
    Never even knew where Draymond was at on the court.

The fact that JB kept Howard in against their small lineup tells me that he is as incompetent as a coach can get.
    No need to even talk about the Brewer and Terry crap.

This is why no fan in Houston wanted to see this series.
    We all knew the embarrassment was coming.
    You put a Rockets team that we saw for the entire regular season up against the best of all time.....what was gonna happen?

Mauled
    Annihilated
    Obliterated
    Utterly destroyed

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I am not to fond of firing morey but if we do one name I'm keeping a eye on is Brian Pauga from the spurs. He has worked his way up after starting from the bottom of their organization. He is familiar with analytics but being with spurs has picked up culture and chemistry.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I strongly agree with this. You don't fire Morey's based on this season; you make it clear that if the basketball culture doesn't change, he's fired. That's what failed this year. That kills free agency appeal as well. I think Morey deserves a chance to right this ship, but he's gonna have to reevaluate his whole approach and show he's got the basketball instinct to improve the team instead of just being a statistics guru. Spreadsheets are not going to solve this problem

4. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You must have missed most of the conversation. People were trying to say the only reason the Rockets beat LAC was because they were injury riddled. I was claiming BS and giving facts about how the Rockets were more injury riddled.

In short, injuries are not an excuse for LAC losing to the Rockets. That was all.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't speak for others. But for me, I never claimed that the Clippers lost to us because of injuries. You were using the Rockets' injuries to boost your claim that the Rockets were a clear cut second best team in the West. I was just pointing out that the Clippers had key injuries too. So it was a wash at best.

The main thing I disagree with you is that you believe the Rockets were clearly the second best team in the West last season by virtue of their WCF appearance. I believe that the Rockets was just one of at least 3 maybe 4 teams that were a tier below GS. There were many factors that got them the WCF appearance. It did not prove that they were hands down a better team than those other teams.

We can agree to disagree. But don't act like those who disagree with you are automatically idiots. Step back and look at it objectively and maybe you can chill a little.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

My only issue is with people claiming the only reason the Rockets beat the clippers was because the Clippers were somehow injury riddled and the Rockets weren't. That's basically it.

The Rockets were the 2nd best team in the league last season last year by virtue of the regular season and they outplayed their opponents in the 1st 2 rounds of the play-offs to advance to the WCFs. By both measuring sticks they were the 2nd best team in the west last year.

If you are saying that we can legitimately group LAC and SA in with the Rockets last season and only GS was in a different tier then I can absolutely get on board with that. But that's a lot different than claiming the Rockets simply were not as good as SA or LAC last seaso because that just isn't true. By some posters claiming the only reason the Rockets got into the WCF was due to LAC being injury riddled is just plain wrong.