1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets to evaluate GM Daryl Morey, interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff after season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Calm down, dude. Why are you so mad? You are usually a level-headed poster. Your post here sounds like an irrational guy just throwing out assertion after assertion because he doesn't like the opposite.

I don't even want to respond to you.

Morey didn't say the Rockets were not the second best team. He did say that everything lined up just right last season for us to reach the WCF. If that does not mean "luck" I don't know what.

It's funny even Morey does not think as highly of himself than you apologists think of him.

And read my other posts. I said on record that I believed Morey was one of the top GMs. I was questioned by DD for that statement, and I answered him with a long post pointing out all the traits that made Morey a great GM.

No need to be so mad. I am not a hater.

1 person likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

so train his replacement? Please... Sam Hinkie was the closest thing and we saw Morey didn't teach all his tricks.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

How were the Rockets injury-riddled in the playoffs? They went into the playoffs with the same team they had for at least the last month or so of the regular season, right? Chris Paul as I recall got hurt in Game 7 against the Spurs, and they were still able to win, largely due to HCA. CP3 then missed the first 2 games of the Rockets series and was not himself for the remainder of the series. So how the hell were the Rockets injury-riddled compared to LAC?

4. TheFreak

Are you aware that Gregg Pop sometimes rests players during the regular season?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN broadcast pretty much calling him out.

6. TheFreak

Do you have some evidence that suggests that Kerr is the reason for the Warriors' ascendance to legendary status?

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Fucc ESPN..

If we played exactly the same way Golden State does, same record, they would still find a way to try and **** on us..

8. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Championship trophy is all the evidence that is needed.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Did it ever occur to anyone that we deserve to be called out because our roster is flawed, or team has no leadership and we basically are not a well run franchise?

DD

10. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Morey is good at acquiring players, but on the flip side, he treats them like assets rather than projects to be worked on. This organization needs to be restructured.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He doesn't acquire quality players though. At least not enough of them. He wants a 3-point shooting, running team, and he gets a bunch of players who can't shoot 3's and who suck at handling the ball and finishing.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody is teaching all the tricks otherwise they would be jobless.

I said as an advisor. :p (but I think that depends on his ego)

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Don't be a ****ing idiot.

The Rockets went into the play-offs without their starting PG or their starting Power Forward. Don't feed me some load of crap about about the last month of the season. Both DMo and Pat started 3/4s of the games last year leading up to the play-offs.

And don't talk to me about poor Chris Paul either. The last 3 games the Rockets won against the Clippers in the play-offs last season was with Chris Paul starting and playing extremely well.

Add to the fact that Dwight was still trying to get into shape from his back injury going into the play-offs and the Rockets had to rely on two grandpas to run the point. Terrence Jones never got healthy last season and he was the starting power forward from the previous season.

The Rockets were clearly injury riddled all season and going into the play-offs and during the series against the Clippers. When 2/5s of your starting line-up is sitting on the bench your team is injury riddled.

#133 crash5179, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  14. crash5179

Actually yes i do. Basically the exact same team was not close to being as good as they are now when Mark Jackson was coaching.

There is not a shred of evidence to prove otherwise. There is no other reason why the Warriors were not close to this good with Mark Jackson coaching the team. There is a very definite reason Mark Jackson was fired. Your damn straight there is evidence. Only an idiot or a blind man could miss it. Are you blind or just an idiot?

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You just contradicted yourself "mo-ran"

Head in the sand mentality, last season was a fluke...get over it.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Id gain some respect for Morey if he canned JB right now and went down to coach the team the rest of the series .

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Also, Dwight hurt his knee in game one against GS... That game was ours until that happened

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This would be amazing

19. crash5179

No I didn't Mo Fo. The Rockets were injury riddled in the play-offs last season. They were missing 2/5s of their starting line-up.

20. TheFreak

The last month of the season was integral in getting a high seed. The Rockets secured a high seed 'without 2/5s of their starting lineup'. The Rockets 'had to rely on 2 grandpas to run the point' because the Rockets chose to structure their roster in that manner, likely due to trying to maintain flexibility for some other reason that didn't involve winning in the present.

LAC was able to steal the first game without Paul. Why wouldn't they have been able to take the first 2 with him there?

Missing 2 starters doesn't automatically make a team injury-riddled. Surely you aren't under the impression that all starters are equal? Now, if James Harden had missed 2 games of a best of 7 like Paul did, then we could say the Rockets were injury-riddled in the series. When you're missing two minimum salary guys, even if they happen to be starters, that doesn't necessarily qualify as 'injury-riddled', especially when you had already been playing and winning without them during your playoff push.