1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ESPN] Rockets to decide on Knicks, Bulls offer Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 16, 2010.

?

Which proposed deal do you like better?

1. Chicago

56.6%
  2. New York

43.4%
  1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Damn, Taj Gibson! Hell Yeah! Git R Done Morey! I rather have him than Hill anyday! My only concern is what we are gonna do with TT? I guess we can use him in another trade?

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Blame smoothie.

3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

we can talk all we want, Morey will deal with NY anyway.

Demanding a starter in Gibson, Miller and Thomas for a guy who couldn't even get 10 mins in a game and looked terrible while on it ??

Morey is just an ahole and probably uses the Knicks as a fallback, trying to get the most out of Chicago.

**** you Morey

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's right. Donnie Walsh wouldn't have been the wiser :mad:

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

:eek:

Some of you clowns you should be banned from the innanets.

6. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Morey, take time out of your negotiating and take a look at clutchfans.net, and let us be the voice of reason! Trade with the Bulls! Dealing with the Knicks is like dealing with the devil!

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Taj Gibson is the sole reason why Thomas doesn't get much playing time and is riding the bench. Ive seens several of his games and the guy is a stud, pure and simple! He has a nice outside shot and is a excellent shotblocker for a youngster. His post game needs a lil work, but all in all, he has the potential to be better than Vin Baker.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, what a b*stard for trying to get the best thing he can for his team.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have to trust that Morey knows how to meet these guys in the middle, even if the middle is closer to us than to them (Bulls, Knicks). How badly do the teams want Wade and/or Bosh and/or Boozer and/or Joe Johnson? 'Cause Morey is asking for one hell of a lot.

10. Pete the Cheat

sadly in life...you can't ban stupid

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Honestly, why is Taj Gibson that intriguing? He is an undersized, avg athletic big man. We have enough of those players. I know Hill has more risk than Gibson, but I still say he has a higher ceiling, which given the current Rockets team means you go for Hill.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

7'4 wingspan and 9'1 standing reach, measures 6'9 3/4 in shoes, needs to put on some weight, but a natural shotblocker and rebounder, he's alittle older than TT.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I have to deal with idiots during the day, the least I can ask for is an idiot free BBS.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Do you even like the Rockets?

15. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I'm sure Daryl is doing the best he can for the team. If that is not good enough, oh well there is nothing we can do about it anyway. I dont care what he brings in for Tracy, all i hope is that he or they can bring more wins to our ballclub and not put too much of a financial burden on us. So, with that said, I will just go back to refreshing this GARM every 10 minutes until something happens....

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So he should make a deal for the sake of making a deal? Don't be stupid, if you can help it.

Trust me. Daryl Morey forgot more today about basketball and running a team than you'll ever know.

1 person likes this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I hope the Fiord report is Walsh just firing back with his bluff, as in I hope the holdup is purely the protection of the picks.

18. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I hope it's the NY deal.

Chicago is a bust. That franchise and NY really just bombed after the MJ/Patrick Ewing years.

NY scouted Jordan Hill well. I think he could be a tremendous asset playing alongside Yao. Rebounding is where we'd improve in a heartball.

That said, if one COULD dream, I'd love the Rox to do something ANYTHING to get that first pick of 2010 to get JOhn Wall.

Here in KY, it's just John Wall fever. And let me tell you, he is the REAL deal. It's like watching MJ when he was in UNC.

theSAGE

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I hope the Knicks enjoy overpaying for Rudy Gay and David Lee while the rest of the East loads up.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

alanhahn

As for McGrady, the situation remains as we've been saying all along: it'll go down to the wire. Knicks want to protect those draft picks.