1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets pursuing Goran Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Feb 13, 2015.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's happening

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Lakers don't have any interesting assets (Randle will not be available) besides our first. We can beat that with the blink of an eye.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Los Angeles Lakers, who have also coveted Dragic for some time, are likewise presumed to be intent on testing the Suns' resolve when it comes to their Slovenian point guard, since sources say L.A. plans to chase Dragic with an expected max four-year contract offer this summer valued at an estimated $80 million.

Huh?! LA is really prepared to pay Dragic 20 mil a season?! If that's the case, have fun in Hollywood, Goran, cuz no way in hell are Morey and Les shelling out that kind of green to keep you(nor should they).

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dear NBA Trade Deadline Santa,

I would like very much like for Gogi, Zoki, & Mason Plumlee to join the Rockets this season.

Best,
    Hooroo

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I really don't care about next season. We need to win now. Harden is playing MVP ball now. Howard's window closes every day.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would laugh to the point of tears if the Lakers traded for Dragic. So dumb.

Get're done Muray

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Stein has been reading Clutchfans again

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we get Dragic for the NOLA pick and scraps I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

happy

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

For real and I'm so glad management seems to realize this.

11. count_dough-ku

I do want the Rockets to trade for Dragic if the Suns are willing to deal and don't demand too much. But that's disheartening to read that the Lakers may be crazy enough to throw a 4-year, 80 mil deal at Dragic this summer. I just can't see the Rockets matching that, and frankly I don't think they should. That's LeBron/Harden/Durant kind of money.

12. Madclownpacasum

3rd star here we come

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

So lets say the Rockets do get Dragic, and they don't have to give up D Mo in the process (lets say they give up Jones, Kostas, & the NO 1st). How good are they? Are they better than the Thunder or Warriors? I'm still not sure they would be (unless Dwight can become prime Dwight again, or Harden can really get to KD's level).

Goran/Bev
    Harden/Terry
    Ariza/Brewer
    D Mo/Smith
    Dwight/Smith/Dorsey

That is a very very solid rotation though.

14. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Doesn't he have an option for the final year, which basically makes him a rental and removes all bad teams from the picture, assuming he wants to be on a winning team.

15. SemisolidSnake

Basketball is offended by Bev's offensive capabilities. I hope he can learn from Dragic.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Three team trade:

PHX IN: Andrew Nicholson, Kostas, Schved, NOP 1st, additional draft pick/Rights to international player
    PHX Out: Goran and Zoran Dragic and Plumlee

HOU In: Goran, Zoran, Plumlee
    HOU Out: Kostas, Schved, NOP 1st, Canaan, Den 2nd, additional draft pick/rights to international player (Phx chooses)

ORL In: Canaan, Den 2nd
    ORL Out: Andrew Nicholson

Who says no?

1 person likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

okc isnt even that good. they are not playing good basketball this year. they are not a real threat unless they figure out the 5 spot and get a low post presence.

18. count_dough-ku

It all hinges on Dwight. But if he can play close to the way he did early in the season and all of last year, they'd be as good talentwise as any team in the league. Whether or not they can actually beat the Warriors or Clippers remains to be seen, but I wouldn't fear any other ballclub.

Dragic would take a ton of pressure off of Harden, knock down most of those open 3's that Bev bricks, make us a better running team, and allow us to always have a playmaker on the floor.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Dragic will follow the money at the end of the day

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Oh boy... Here comes the anxiety!