1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN) Rockets Pitch to Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 1, 2010.

1. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

He may be looking, but as I understand it, he does not currently have an extension & it doesn't look like he will get one this year. Can you clarify?

2. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What people dont understand is there is no ESPN HOUSTON.....like they have ESPN BOSTON or CHICAGO...ESPN does not view Houston as a profitable market for them....We have Texans, *baby* Astros and Rockets... ESPN HOUSTON maybe? Never.....

3. thekad

thekad Member

Some quotes from ESPN's Arnovitz:

"Houston with Bosh? Are they contenders?"

"Kevin, why are the rockets only looking to sign and trade for bosh and not lebron? he would look great next to yao in a rockets uniform"

"how does bosh fit the rockets system perfectly? what seed do you see them as if they sign him? "

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

They're also going to be in the penalty 5 mins into every quarter.

This is the part that is going to get crazy and don't be surprised if the Phil Jacksons of the league are griping and complaining about the officials being biased towards us if indeed we do pick up Bosh and/or Lebron.

With Yao, Bosh, and Martin out there, each of those guys shoots a free throw approximately every 4-5 minutes they play. Now put them together and their ability to draw shooting fouls......expect them to each shoot a free throw every 3-4 minutes of playing time they get. That means if they play 15 minutes together, they will be shooting 10-12 free throws altogether at approximately 85% since they are all ridiculously good free throw shooters. That is approximately 24 points from the stripe per game if they each average 30 minutes per game. And that doesn't even take into account everybody else on the team getting to the line.

If perchance we could add both Bosh and Lebron to Yao and Martin, the free throws would get totally ridiculous. Now add Lowry to that mix, if we retain him.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You can add Lowry to that list as well. Every time he enters the game he ends up living at the charity stripe.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

chrisbosh Headed to the next meeting. Time to hear what the Nets have to offer..

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Wonder if they're in Chicago or if he is flying to NJ.

8. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

9. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

More bad news for the Rockets in the Bosh sweepstakes. According to Feigens article in the Chronicle, Bosh's agent described the Rockets meeting as them just dropping of something (iPad) and chatting briefly. Bosh even mentioned that the "Process started today in Chicago and downplayed the Dallas talks. His agent said that the Rockets will be on the radar. Game Over!

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

How is this bad? In the 20mins that he did say what was said, it kept bosh interested for us to still be on the radar (unless that was the politically correct answer)

11. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Just listen to the comment! The Rockets visit was extremely downplayed. I think it was just the politically correct way to not close doors yet.

12. anchel

anchel Member

This one sounds optimistic: link

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

COMEON!

Im trying to be as positive as I can

14. PeppermintCandy

Yeah, I get the feeling that the meetings just after midnight were seen more as visits, and the real presentations are taking place after that.

Given that Morey had to work just to find out which city Bosh was going to be in, the Rockets' chances are probably not that great to land him. But you can't blame the guy for trying.

15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

If we don't get another meeting with Bosh in the next couple days then I'll agree with you. But considering that Morey said that the midnight meeting only lasted 20 minutes and 3 other teams also contacted him, I think the midnight meeting was more of a "meet and greet, get your foot in the door" type scenario for Morey. The serious meetings probably started today.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

You need to stop taking agents' words at face value.

It actually does Bosh no good to publicly show Houston as his biggest contender. Because his agent has to play Toronto too in order to extract the worst possible deal for Toronto, Bosh has to look like he prefers destinations with cap room rather than ones with no cap room. If you're not clear on how it works, go watch Morey's interview on nba.com.

Now, I'm not saying Bosh's real target is Houston. But rather, even if he wants to come here, his best option is to play the field so Toronto won't ask us for the moon in S&T.

17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Wow, that sounds so soul crushing, I am dissapoint.

18. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

never if im not mistaken.. I believe our best season was 57 wins in the 94 championship run

19. HPD

HPD Member

DM meeting w/ BOSH cheap?

DM met w/ BOSH at his house (in Dallas) 1201 a.m... local time..... does this mean anything to BOSH that a G.M. came to his house in person and had a meeting? while all the other teams are having these power meetings that are more official?

i just dont want BOSH to think of DM's meeting as a cheap meeting while the other other teams are in their boardrooms.

what are u guys thoughts..........

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I'm sure Bosh's final decision will be based on who had the nicest meeting place.