1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN) Rockets Pitch to Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 1, 2010.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

espn will never want Bosh to come to houston

its just not the sexy pick when you consider chicago, miami or even NY

so yeah even ESPN has an agenda in all of this, Bosh goes with wade or lebron to any one of those 3 cities the ratings will shoot up like crazy to the benefit of ESPN.

Bosh comes to houston, it makes the Rockets a serious player but it doesnt do ESPN any good at all.

ESPN knows what it is doing it is trying to influence the best it can the public opinion and the players opinions by saying all of this.

just like how these players want their max money...ESPN wants its max money

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I don't think Bosh wants to come to Houston for Scola who would come off the bench anyways. If we have to trade Brooks it might affect his decision but if we trade away Scola I think he would still be okay with it. Our lineup would still be pretty strong even if we trade away Scola, Anderson, Jeffries, and the 2012 Knicks pick (assuming thats who we trade).

pg: Brooks, lowry
    sg: kmart, Cbud
    sf: Ariza, Battier
    pf: Bosh, Hill, Patterson
    C: Yao, Miller (or some other FA), Hayes

Thats still a pretty good team which is why I think it won't matter to Bosh if we trade away Scola to get him.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

We'd definitely be giving Toronto Jordan Hill, so scratch him off of your lineup, and it looks like a fair trade.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Agreed. I'm convinced that Bosh will wait for LeBron to tell him if he's going to the Bulls or not......if James tells him no, then Bosh will decide between Houston and Miami. If James says yes, then I think Bosh will go to Chicago.

5. lz56

lz56 Member

it is about risk management.
    but with bosh on board, even yao goes down, we still have a great post player in bosh. so i'd take that risk.

this does not mean i am a big bosh fan though.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

What if James decides to go to Miami and play with Wade? Bosh already said that it is unlikely that all three can play together in Miami. If that happened, would Bosh be more likely to sign with Houston?

7. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

8. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I still think we have no shot of landing bosh....our best player is one of the most injury prone players I have ever seen, why the hell would bosh gamble on yao's health when he can contend with wade or lebron

9. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Bosh just Tweeted, "Of to a great start, Pat Riley is very passionate about winning!" Miami is getting there own Tweets. Doesn't look good for the home team!

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Shhh, we are hunting Wabbits.

DD

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I don't think this is much to be worried about. I think Bosh will realize that his best chance at winning is with Chicago or Houston. And, his best chances at getting the max are with Houston, or staying put in Toronto. Not to mention the Chinese endorsements he is bound to get while playing alongside Yao.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I really don't believe that Bosh is all about winning, I think he is more about fame and fortune.....

That is the impression I get anyway.

DD

13. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Bosh a very unusual free agent! One minute he wants to be the man. Then the next he wants to play with one of his boys. If he wants fortune, the Rockets might be the way to go with endorsement opportunities. He is really into technology and China is full of it. If he is about winning, Miami should not have a shot. Can you imagine Rileys pitch. They have 2 players under contract. You really have to make Bosh use his mind to imagine what could be. I think if Lebron stays in Cleveland, he is a Rocket! If Lebron goes to Chicago, he is a Bull.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You may be right, but I just think he wants to play with another great player and I have my doubts as to whether he believes Yao will be that player, because of his injury history.

I mean, in reality, if you were Bosh would you sign with Houston, knowing that the other star player may not ever make it back? Just too much of a risk and your career is only so long.

I think he goes with Wade or Lebron....

DD

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Wade has been somewhat injury prone himself.

16. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm on the same page. That's the reason houston is never mention as a destination spot for the top free agents.

17. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Maybe. However, Yao is on a 1 year right now, so the risk is limited.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Incorrect. He is looking for a 5-6 yr contract. There is no guarantee that Yao can make it through 1 yr,let alone 5 or 6.

19. soupman

soupman Member

I like Bosh, and I would like to see him a Rocket. It would be a phenomenal front line. One like we haven't seen since Olajuwon-Sampson-McCray. But, given what it sounds like it may cost, I don't see Lowry-Martin-Ariza-Bosh-Yao to be that much better than Brooks-Martin-Ariza-Scola-Yao (which will also have a better bench with Lowry, Hill, and decent FA on it). I am, of course, presuming Brooks, Scola, Hill, and expirings in that trade.

We weaken significantly a strength (PG) in order to improve modestly the PF position. Scola, IIRC, was close to a 20-10 guy after the Landry trade. Not bad for the 2nd fiddle to Yao offensively. His pick and pop is pretty reliable. And, although he does not play above the rim, he is physical in the paint. Brooks' perimeter game, developed last season, should shine with Yao demanding double teams in the post.

I would consider it for either Brooks OR Scola, but not both.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats because ESPN and all the other major sports networks want their little dream team assembled and Houston is getting in the way of that.