1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN) Rockets Pitch to Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So the other teams get formal meetings and we don't?

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No, the four teams most talked about with Bosh (us, Heat, Bulls, Raptors) all had the informal meetings last night. I'd assume all would be invited to Chicago if/when they begin the next round of interviews, considering those are the most logical spots.

With that said, it may not even be necessary. I suspect Bosh meeting with his agent has more to do with ironing out the S&T plans and finalizing his decision as it does meeting with other teams.

4. The Cat

By the way, I think it goes without saying that the quicker the decision, the better for the Rockets. Bosh has met with Morey, and today he's meeting with his agent. Sure, he'll meet with a few more teams tomorrow.

But at this point, Bosh has the information on Houston and has heard the pitch, and obviously Houston is a preferable destination for Toronto in terms of sign-and-trade assets. So if he wants to come here, we should hear about it over the next 3-4 days I would guess. No reason to wait for LBJ or anyone else. If it goes longer than that, then it would appear he's waiting on LeBron's decision and that team (Chicago?) would logically appear to have the leg up.

5. Houston_Rockets

Yup so true

The longer the worst for us

Only have one question??? Do yall think Free Agents will commit before the 8th??? and let teams work out the S&t before the 8th???

PeAcE

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

LeBron himself said he will make his decision by July 5th, so we should know on Bosh pretty soon.

7. acjeitherocket

to hell with trading AB...

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, if Morey had as big of an impression as we're all hoping he did, then Bosh's meeting with his agent would have been to iron out the S&T agreements with us, most likely. However, I'm sure his agent is also telling him to wait and see what the other teams have to offer.....he wouldn't be doing his job if he wasn't telling Chris to weigh his options before jumping onto a team. The longer this drags out though, the less likely I see him coming here, and the more likely I see him working out a contract with a team that can sign him outright.

9. The Cat

Absolutely on visiting as many teams as possible - I think the earliest Bosh would commit to any team would be late Friday or Saturday, after he went through tomorrow's set of meetings as well. And with this weekend being the 4th of July, perhaps that lengthens the timetable if he has plans. But if we get to next Monday or Tuesday and there's still no word (and presumably nothing from LBJ as well), it would look more and more to me like he was waiting for LBJ to make up his mind (Chicago).

10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think it goes back to whether or not Morey sees it that way. He may see Bosh as a significant upgrade over Scola (I know I do) while seeing AB as only incrementally stronger at the PG position than Lowry. In fact, he might even value Lowry more in an offense with Martin, Bosh, and Yao as he looks to pass more often than AB.

I love AB as a player and what he's done for our team, and the same can be said for Scola and the heart/passion he plays with, but realistically speaking, I think Morey sees this team on the verge of being elite and might be willing to part with both of them to make that happen.

11. Prince

Prince Member

feel sorry for teh scrubs for they will be told NOT to shoot the ball unless it's the last 3 secs. :D

12. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I think Bosh is going to decide by early next week regardless....I dont think anyone has a leg up on anyone else based on how fast he decides.

My feeling is that he is meeting w his agent and his agent will say "ok....we can get the max but u gotta be willing to go to x, y, or z. If you are cool with any of the 3, I'll tell the Raps to find a deal and execute the s&t....if not, ill tell them to cross one of them off the list but keep in mind that they dont HAVE to do a s&t. Yes, it benefits them..as it does you...but they aren't going to sabotage their team for the next 5 years with albatross contracts just so you get your $. Capiche? Now, we can take the stance that you are set on only one place and try and force their hand to take what they can get....but that can backfire. My feeling is that our best option is to give them 3 or 4 options of where you would like to play and give them 48 hours to work something out"

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

when did you come out of posting hibernation?? welcome back!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

True, but sometimes the best thing is to just stay put.

I personally believe that AB is Tony Parker like and will get even better next year...especially when he has better players to pass the ball to.

Anyway, this is all hypothetical......Bosh hasn't said he was seriously considering Houston, and Toronto hasn't said what they want in return...at least as far as we on the boards know.

Brooks, Budinger, Hill, Lowry, Scola.....heck...no one knows.....

DD

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

wassup my man....i always check back in when things get goin....altho ur right, havent posted in a while....good to see ur still in the fold too!

16. worzel gummidge

http://twitter.com/chrisbosh

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Hey it looks like our chance of signing Bosh just move up one more notches. ESPN reports that Riley meet with Staudamire and convincing him to join Lebron and Wade. That means BOSH IS OUT!! Which mean he has no where to go but ROCKETS...i mean where else would he go?

18. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

what about Da Bulls

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Why would he go to Bulls alone?? That's like a highway to hell.

20. lz56

lz56 Member

i love brook, but he is not a good passer while bosh and yao demanding the ball. it maybe a good thing for him to leaving in case bosh joining the rockets.