1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN) Rockets Pitch to Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Can't two guys just hang out? I bet they wanna go see the sights and stuff. Morey + Adelman= BFF's.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It wasn't cheap for the simple fact that DM expressly stated that he wants BOSH. He showed up at his door telling him such. Everyone else wants Lebron or Wade and then wants him as a secondary player. So when other GMs say they want Bosh it sounds like they want him as a consolation prize for missing out on the "BIG TWO". DM showing up at Bosh's doorstep like he is waiting in line for an iphon4 shows him that he wants no one else, that Bosh is our first option. That can go a long way especially for a guy that claims he wants to be "the guy".

Its like the 2003 Draft all over again! No one appreciates him even 7 years later.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Someone needs to find that agent of Bosh and get rid of him for asecond while Morey and Bosh talk about making him richer than the other teams are willing. His agent only cares about how he can make Wade into even more of a superstar by getting Bosh to ride his coattails of his favorite client along the way.

4. windz

windz Member

how is bosh all about winning a championship?

out of the 3 (wade lebron and bosh) its bosh whos unwilling to take a paycut and want the max no matter what.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Out of the 3 of them . . who will get the least endorsements?

Rocket River

6. windz

windz Member

bosh gets the least endorsement but hes not poor... and even with a paycut his new contract will still be huge.

i know everyone is greedy in nature but if he is all about winning he should at least show some level of willingness to take a paycut... judging from the reports i read/heard, he doesn't even want a penny off his max contract and that's kind of concerning...

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I think, Bosh is all about winning - provided that he gets every penny, first.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You see he wouldnt even have to worry about any of that endorsement bull if he just came to the Rockets and got them without Wade or Lebron to be around to soak them all up and he gets his 6 year max too. Kind of defeats the argument again in favor of the Rockets. :rolleyes:

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's also clearly the 3rd best player out of them.

10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I've been thinking this over and think that we might be better off in the long run if we dont get Bosh.

Firstly, Bosh is good and an upgrade over Scola, thats a given. But I dont think Scola is that far down the list and figure that Patterson might be able to provide a much needed gap as an offensive PF with solid defense much the same way Landry was off the bench. I also dont think Bosh is deserving of a max deal.

Secondly, our entire team right now is pretty solid with only a few weaknesses, one of them being the lack of star power aside from Yao. That's relevant in the event we need a game winning shot or someone to create their own shot during a long drought, a situation which seems to come up more often than in the past. To this issue, I think we need to wait on the development of Hill and Budinger to see how they do.

Lastly, and this is perhaps the most important, is the success of the Knicks in free agency. If they lose out on Lebron, then I'm pretty confident we'll land a pretty good pick which could turn golden, and at the very least allow us the flexibility of leveraging the pick for a trade next season with teams looking to deal a superstar for a draft pick + pieces (think KG and Ray Allen a few years back).

Also, as Clutch wrote, we always have next offseason to go after big name free agents.

The only thing that throws a wrench in all this is Yao. I think the Rockets management knows that Yao optimally has 3 years left to win a championship -realistically, it could only be 1 more year given his health issues...I dont see him trying to recover and come back if he gets injured again. If they are able to deliver, the popularity of the franchise will remain solid well beyond his tenure, especially in foreign markets. If they cant deliver, then the following will still be there, but severely diminished as people might jump ship to other franchises.