1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets management pushed to play Clint Capela over Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMAC3, Oct 24, 2016.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What really happened is much more simple. Dwight is so lucky that Harden isn't Kobe. Kobe would be airing all Dwight's **** out to everyone, he would murder him.

Just like Orlando, Just like LA. Dwight wears out his welcome because he is a soft guy that does not hold himself accountable.

Guys, JJ Redick talks **** about Dwight not taking personal responsibility. Think about that. JJ Redick... Ugh.

It is so easy to blame Daryl Morey, the evil scientist, and Les the evil billionaire. Easy targets that justly stay out of this nonsense while idiots like Dwight Howard run to the press, which does nothing but solidify his own mental toughness handicap that the Gundys hate him for.

Sail on, sail on, Sailorrrrrrr.

#21 RudyTBag, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    macho GRANDE and ac in austin like this.
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thus, Cubes wanted this story out.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Management influences coaches' decisions almost everywhere. This is a surprise?

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Huh? What? This makes less than zero sense.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

My last on this topic: why would DHo be mad that DM the GM was the guy who told him when DHo went to DM the GM with this?

Yes, JR, three Dallas fellas. Big D 'cubed'.

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

From the article:

With these stats, how could you not want to develop Capela over playing Dwight?

7. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh... except GM's all the time push for certain players to be given more minutes, and front offices have a huge say over the assistant coaching staff is composed of.

The Rockets were going nowhere at that point with Adelman and wanted to have the younger players given minutes because the team was rebuilding. There is nothing wrong with a front office discussing that with a coach.

As far as the assistant coaches are concerned, it was a single assistant coach (Finch) that Morey wanted added to the staff. If you look around the league, the assistant coaches are usually not all chosen by the head coach unless you are talking about a special coach like Pop.

The best part of the article was:

Howard: "I felt like my role was being reduced. I went to Daryl and said, 'I want to be more involved.'
    Daryl: "No, we don't want you to be."

Yeah... I am sure that is exactly how that conversation took place.....

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So does it mean that Morey owe JB an apology now?

Yes, JB is a very mediocre coach, but on this issue, he is right.

Its one thing to play Dwight with a 22 mils contract over Capela, but when Nene (a guy signed with 2 mils) is about to take over the starting center position over Capela in this coming season, well, it seems that maybe the only right call in JB's coaching career so far.

Mazulis likes this.
  9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Who in the world said this?

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I believe at this point the Rockets just won't say "Dwight is a punkass anchor on the team" which is a classless thing to say anyway.

Dwight acted like a punk. Rockets AND Harden won't talk about it, just moving on.

Dwight still playing victim. Dwight still explaining this and that. Twisting the story as much as he can.

Rockets just moving on.

That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Could be a leak from Howard's camp for Atlanta consumption

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Our org is broken the way they handle basketball.

DD

Mazulis likes this.
  13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I guess Mavs aren't worth writing about that Tim feels the need to write about our team.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't really care, either way. If Morey was pressuring JB to cut his minutes -- or, even if he wasn't, really -- he should have traded Howard for pennies on the dollar. It was a crap season and we were going nowhere and Howard was destined to leave. Should have just traded him to end the misery early. It's not like they had a chance to catch fire late or something.

Oh, and it'd also be nice if they can stop having shitty relationships with their supposed franchise players.

15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I'm sure Bickerstaff was told to reduce Brewer's minutes but he couldn't resist.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It's laughable how inconsistent you are (except with regards to criticizing Morey). If Capela were an unathletic mediocre white guy like most of the players you end up fixating on, you'd have been in lock-step with the front office on this point.

(... which, I suppose, does make you consistent in your own special way)

17. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

It's just so hard to understand why, everywhere he goes, organizations can't wait to move on from Dwight. I mean, whatever could it be?

Probably Harden's fault. Gotta be Harden's fault.

When completely credible, totally objective, talented writers like Tim McMahon, Calvin Watkins, or Marc Stein put it out there (TENNIS!!!), you know you can take it to the bank.

RunninRaven likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Les doesn't tank though

19. hvic

hvic Member

at the end of the day the Rockets is a business and Les makes more money if they make the playoffs

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

WE ALLOWED HIS BUM ASS TO LEAD THE NBA IN POST UPS, DIRECTLY HURTING THE TEAM'S PERFORMANCE.

JFC, what more should we have done for the guy? He's a grown adult! He's been in the league for over a decade! He was making over $20MM!

This organization bent over backwards to make a stupid overgrown manchild happy. He needed to STFU and behave like a ******* professional. Stop putting blame on the wrong people.

Batman Jones, RudyTBag and DreamShook like this.