1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Ray Allen could go to Boston for #5 pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldman, Jun 28, 2007.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

favorites in the east? Tony Allen looked like D Wade? A little over the top ya think?

Allen had a really good 10-15 games.. Luke Scott had a really good 1/2 season. Let's wait and see. Plus he's gotta return from an injury..

I think Ray Allen isn't being given enough credit here.. he's a great passer. Put him with Pierce and Jefferson and you have a solid team. But I think you're still looking at a 1st rnd, maybe 2nd rnd exit

2. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

third best. You forgot about novak and v-span.

i'll eat my words if they get to the eastern conference finals, but I think the chances that we can trade for yi jian lian are slightly higher than that, and the chances of getting yi are a little higher than me getting in a threesome with jessica alba and a girls huffy bicycle.

3. Chronz

Chronz Member

How do they play the same way?

Great trade, you have a nice blend of youth with vets, not just any vets but all stars. Rondo and Jefferson are talented youngsters, especially Jefferson.

Ray Allen compliments Pierces/Jeffersons game beautifully. Things are looking up in Boston

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Don't get why most of the BBS hates this trade. Could the Celtics have gotten any worse than they played last year. Dumping Wally was a priority and the Celtics have enough rookie talent to forgo picking Jeff Green. Ray Allans game does not rely on athleticism so not sure age would be the issue it is with some, he did have the late season ankle injury and that will have more impact than his age.

Good trade for the Celts, the problem they had last year was they had too many athletic rookies playing on that team and not enough veteran leadership. Allan is an All-Star veteran they needed to keep Paul Pierce happy and did they really give up anybody really to get one of the greatest pure shooters in the game.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I don't understand what people want ainge to do. His team last year was way too young and made a ton of boneheaded mistakes.

The last thing they needed is more youth, a lot like atlanta. And outside of oden/durant, every other pick is a risk in this draft. Ray Allen is a proven scorer/shooter/all star who can also pass the ball. Sure he's on the wrong side of 30, but he played well last year even prior to the surgery. Jeff Green is not a can't miss player and West is a decent pg but replaceable. Boston also is not losing cap space by doing this, so people saying why take on Allen's deal need to consider that.

Seattle needed to clear up all the swingman issues they had and they get out of Allen's deal. Win-win for both teams.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

seems like a good trade for boston. they got to keep alot of their young talent and theo ratliffs expiring contract they can use to make a run at another big name player. some think maybe they can get KG to reconsider coming to boston now that ray allen is there.

7. mynameizrey

mynameizrey Member

It's a good deal for both teams.

Sonics free themselves of Ray Allen, a fading star, and build upon the future Kevin Durant. Adding Jeff Green and possibly resigning Rashard Lewis will bring some deadly midcourt action. While I don't know exact figures, I believe doing this trade also helps the Sonics with their salary issues.

On the other side, the Celtics receive a star in Ray Allen to appease the demands of Paul Pierce. While some may say their game is identical, being that both like to shoot from beyond the arc, I could see it being a benefit and even an advantage in some sense. Both have a good inside/outside game so both can take turns slashing in and kicking out to the free man. Also it provides Big Al another outlet shooter when they work the post.