1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Ray Allen could go to Boston for #5 pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldman, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Jeff Green plays the same position as Durant. Not sure why Seattle is looking at him over Yi or even Brandan Wright since they are building for the future.

2. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

total nonsense!!!

Seattle gets three SFs: Durant, Wally, Jeff Green. (bye-bye Rashard). None of them is particularly suited to play a 2-guard.
    Boston not only gets an injury-prone shooter, but loses their best point guard.

Between Pierce, Ray-Ray and Big Al Jefferson, the Cs will need to play with a couple of more balls to get shots for everyone.

3. Laozi

Laozi Member

Hello first round exit, Boston

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ainge is a dumbass. I thought it wasnt a good trade for them when the trade was #5 for Ray Allen...to throw in Delonte and Wally is just ridiculous. The draft made them worse. Great work there.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

dumbest trade from all angles, nothing else.

6. rezdawg

I think its a good deal for Seattle...I would have selected someone different, but regardless, they definitely come out on top with this deal.

7. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Well, this pretty much means Lewis will either be gone or sign-and-traded. I think Green and Durant would be an interesting combo, but I think Seattle would need more beef upfront and consider trading any one of their three previous draft center busts.

This just doesn't make sense for Boston at all. Although, they're thinking is Allen will open up things for Jefferson inside, and Pierce will get more looks.

But Rondo as a starting PG sounds gross.

8. wazzupmane?

wazzupmane? Contributing Member

After trying to get KG or Marion, I guess Ray Allen was the next best thing to help them win now without losing Al Jefferson. I think its a good move especially moving Wally. Getting a point gaurd makes it easier for Sonics to deal with Atlanta for 11th pick.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I love Ray Allen, wish he would morph into Rockhood, but - a 32 year OLD jump shooter's shelf life is a tad shorter than a #5 pick.

Good deal for Sonics.

Now, shard, come home.

10. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

it would be crazy to see Gilbert Arenas sign with Seattle next season after he opts out, especially after the nba live commercials with Durant. That would be a very nice team.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Celtics will never win a championship as long as Danny Ainge and Doc are there to screw up year after year.

12. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

FIVE small forwards under contract + 1 free agent:

Durant
    Green
    Wally
    Damien Wilkens
    Gelabale
    free agent: Rashard...

I guess they are set at this position

13. rezdawg

I dont like being teased like that.

14. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Danny Ainge is an idiot. They've already got one near superstar 2-guard with the Ewing Factor. Now they've got two.

15. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

im glad this happened because its been a pretty boring season. boston fans will be pissed about delonte because he was city favorite. still, pierce and allen will be deadly, they will improve, but....even with improvement they will be a first or second round exit.

seattle.....don't know what the hell they are thinking. why the hell do they want to stack up on small forwards?

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree completely but have to add that the notion of adding a star SG to Paul Pierce and Al Jefferson is a sound one. But I think Ray Allen is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. Even though he's a good guy and keeps himself in great shape, I think he's slipped some the last couple of years. When his shot is on, the guy is incredible but he misses a lot and I've seen him shoot the Sonics out of games. Maybe going east and playing against inferior competition on a regular basis will help him. Improved shot selection would help too.

17. JD317²

JD317² Member

good trade for seattle.
    I'm excited to see how Ray Allen and Paul Pierce work out in Boston

18. thedsz

thedsz Member

Celtics will DEFINITELY NOT be a first round exit team. You guys severely underestimate Ray Allen, who is still the best jump shooter in the NBA. He makes a good fit next to Pierce, who will make more of his post up game. If anything, the Celtics are the favorites to win the East next year. They have two all-stars Allen and Pierce who are big time scorers and excellent all around players. Then they have Al Jefferson who will most likely be a 20/10 beast and an all-star in the near future. And their supporting cast rocks the Rockets out the window with Rondo, Green, Allen, Perkins and Gomes. For a strech last year before his freak injury, Allen looked like Dwyane Wade out there.

19. Enron

Enron Member

the question is, will Allen Ray be able to play alongside Ray Allen?

20. thedsz

thedsz Member

Lol I was thinking about that, but it's actually spelled Alan Ray.