1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN pushing racism & division

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Mar 7, 2023.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

A balanced take on his defense from last year and why it improved statistically.

2. foh

foh Member

60% white voters? Jokic gots 65% 1st ballot votes last year and 91% the year before, so the vote is not racist. ESPN reported this, so ESPN is not trying to divide no one. There is a thread specifically dedicated to debating whether Jokic is MVP @robbie380 @Reeko @i3artow i3aller. Great videos btw!

robbie380 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kid... that's the attempted redefinition. Are you so ignorant that you don't know that? The moronic "power plus privilege" BS didn't even exist until the 70's when the attempt to refine the word "racism" to exclude nonwhite racists first happened. It was mostly laughed off at the time, and rightfully so. However, they didn't stop pushing the nonsense. It started with the grievance studies and no one cared because it's not like those had any academic value to begin with. Then slowly over time that mind virus managed to denigrate and ultimately conquer the entirety of the liberal arts and social sciences. As a result, the past 15 years we've heard more and more indoctrinated simpletons spewing hatred and regurgitating that stupidity in an effort to cover for it.... but you still haven't changed what words mean.

Trust me kiddo, I had a front row seat watching it happen, those feeble minded talking points won't get you anywhere with those who still possess a fully functional brain.

DreamR likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. JW86

JW86 Member

See, as much as people want to say this has nothing to do with ESPN, just look at this clip above and you tell me that they were not instructed not to comment directly on it. Ernie's reaction to Barkley even saying that one line was to me obvious that they had a meeting about it and were not going to get into it since it would be asinine, divisive etc. They are basically saying Perkins is an ass and dumb as ****.

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

elite defender mixtape just dropped

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Are there any Turkish people with MVP voting rights? Jus curious

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

How are u about to win 3 straight MVPs and get a complete free pass for being a lazy joke on defense? The double standards are ridiculous

once the media and voters decide that you’re the one who they’re gonna artificially prop up, all of the sudden things that other players would get crucified for don’t apply to u

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

10. i3artow i3aller

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We saw these same defense lowlight compilations to push for Westbrook winning the MVP over Harden....same playbook, same embarrassing takes.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I've lost of a respect for Zach Lowe lately. He's reaching lowly The Ringer levels for his blind support for Jokic. That Eastern European connection has him blinded and he's not even trying to hide his bias anymore.

Reeko likes this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Bro, you can't deflect your way outta this one lol. The definition of racism has ALWAYS been the same. You have to be in a SUPERIOR position to display racism. For example, a bank choosing not to lend money to certain ppl based on their race. Kendrick Perkins having a sports opinion is NOT racism lol. Simply implying it is shows how ignorant some ppl are regarding how racism works

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Bro, you can't deflect your way outta this one lol. The definition of racism has ALWAYS been the same. You have to be in a SUPERIOR position to display racism. For example, a bank choosing not to lend money to a certain ppl based on their race. Kendrick Perkins having a sports opinion is NOT racism lol. Simply implying it is shows how ignorant some ppl are regarding how racism works

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it has always been the same, that's why I reject that laughable "prejudice plus power" BS they tried to push in the 70's to excuse the racism of certain groups. That pathetic nonsense did not actually change the definition of the word despite the fact that their redefinition attempt has become popular lately.

Again, I get that you probably aren't very educated on these kinds of things and are just regurgitating nonsense you heard someone else say once upon a time so I don't hold it against you....but now that you've been informed about your ignorance, you need to do something to eliminate it.

16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yeah you're a idiot. You CLEARLY have never been discriminated against or personally experienced real racism. You most likely got all your racism ideology through online trolling. You have no idea what racism is and we can tell.

For the record, who exactly did Kendrick Perkins discriminate against giving his opinion? Who was marginalized?

17. foh

foh Member

racism
    rā′sĭz″əm
    noun
    1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    3. The belief that each race has distinct and intrinsic attributes.

I'm part of a minority but I don't see the benefit of trying to say that racism is defined on inherent power dynamic of some sort. Purely logical word. Same with sexism - applies both ways regardless if we live in patriarchy or matriarchy. You have misogyny, antisemitism, xenophobia, BLM to try and define those societal prejudicial and oppressing tendencies more precisely. There is no need to try and introduce illogical etymology definitions...

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. foh

foh Member

OOOPS. Never mind! Sexims definition has a power dynamic inside of the definition. I stand corrected! Carry the hell on @rocketchamp
    sexism
    sĕk′sĭz″əm
    noun
    1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
    2. The belief that one gender is superior to the other, especially that men are superior to women.
    3. The belief that people of one sex or gender are inherently superior to people of the other sex or gender.

19. RocketsDraftTV

zach lowe used to always say he wouldnt vote for harden because of hardens defense, but totally excuses jokic being poor on that end

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again my guy, this is about you not knowing what words mean.

If you want, I can explain to you the EXACT origin of the ideology you are foolishly attempting to parrot....I can guarantee I know it better than you do.

I know due to what your ideology preaches, you want to get into a game of oppression Olympics....you want to tell me about how oppressed you think you are, because your ideology views being oppressed as a kind of virtue. The more oppression boxes you check based solely on immutable characteristic , the more inherently virtuous you are, the less oppression boxes you check based on immutable characteristics, the more inherently evil you are.

The problem is kiddo, I reject ideologies based solely on that paradigm outright because it's just a feeble minded, and frankly bigoted way of viewing the world.

Honestly, I'm not sure how you would go about getting a proper education in the Liberal Arts and Social Sciences these days given the ideological cancer that has metastasized which started in the grievance studies, but If you can manage it, I think it would help you in these kinds of conversations. Expand your mind beyond the conflict paradigm if you want to be taken seriously.