1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN pushing racism & division

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

ITZ FACTZ!! FACTZ!!!!
    ITZ FACTZ!! FACTZ!!!!
    ITZ FACTZ!! FACTZ!!!!
    ITZ FACTZ!! FACTZ!!!!
    FACTZ MOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. MystikArkitect

Glad Clay Travis is on the case. Whenever we need to unite as a country, we definitely need to look to people like Clay Travis and Kendrick Perkins for leadership and guidance.

Commodore likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's nothing "reverse" about it.

And yes, I know that there was an attempt by certain racists to redefine the word so that it would no longer apply to them, but that kind of sophistry has no place in intelligent conversation.

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You don't really believe that, do you?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I do. Jokic is lifting up role players and doing more with them than Embiid can do with James Harden....

I think if you made that switch, the nuggets role players regress and the 76ers role players start looking like stars

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

absolutely clueless baseless statements haha

You dont know the players and thats fine. No ones going to hold it against you. Just stop posting your garbage uninformed opinions

pippendagimp and YOLO like this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

and you are not allowed to say casual anymore. 59 thousand posts and you dont know the mvp award has always been a team award. Until jokic ofc

8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

this has to be a chatgpt post. Weird ass post

Stopped reading at perkins. Nobody cares about perkins. Jokic gets a free pass that no other player ever would. Thats just the truth. Not once have you in your life heard them say on tv jokic is a playoff underperformer yet he is a 3 time mvp that hasnt made it out the western conference

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What do the playoffs have to do with a regular season award?

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

please read the thread instead of coming here with the same trash argument

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jokic is a playoffs underperformer?

Career playoffs stats
    26/12/6 shooting 52/40/84

Career regular season stats
    20/11/7 shooting 55/35/83

How is that underperforming? Maybe nobody say it on TV because it is not true.

12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

He literally lost in the 1st round last year as the reigning back to back mvp. Moron lol try and use context instead of shooting splits for a player than can only play one side of the ball

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why so angry?

It's a regular season award. There are awards for playoff excellence. I glanced through the thread and didn't see you have any comments on this point.

I did see keep saying that Jokic can't play defense which doesn't pass the stat test or the eye test. Even Draymond Green acknowledged his dramatic defensive improvement and he's clearly a defensive net positive in the stats.

14. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

this is going well.

have we definitively resolved whether it's acceptable usage to say "racism" when talking about white people, or whether the usage implies a relationship of power and is therefore appropriate only when the group is structurally disadvantaged?

personally i lean towards the latter but i'm sure i haven't considered all of the great arguments on my f*cking basketball blog.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The Nuggets were running out a pretty terrible team outside of Jokic in that first round.

Will Barton
    Monte Morris
    Jeff Green
    Aaron Gordon

v

Draymond Green
    Klay Thompson
    Jordan Poole
    Andrew Wiggins

Tell me which supporting cast you think is better...

Jokic was excellent in that series too. 31/13/6 on 58% shooting.

grape, Easy and YOLO like this.
  16. foh

foh Member

People seem to like arguing random things like who is MVP and what is MVP and what is Racism just so that the "ESPN is racist" (cause dumb ass Perkins is apparently manchurian candidate with a huge army of followers a la Kyrie Irwing) stays up in the trending topic on basketball forum instead of the random food throwing/political debate section of the forum where it belongs.

It's apparent that there is nothing fun to talk about when it comes to actual basketball

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

... which is why LeBron won it twice before he gave up on his team that couldn't win and headed to Miami to win a championship.

Sorry casual, you need to know more than Kendrick Perkins talking points if you want to keep up with me.

18. i3artow i3aller

Reeko likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden got a whole video and Shaqtin MVP for defense like this

and then people will have the nerve to say that Jokic is good on defense via “stats” and the eye test…it’s laughable

now he’s about to be bestowed the rarest of NBA honors with 3 straight MVPs while not having done anything of note in the postseason…something that’s been held against countless great players

rocketchamp likes this.
  20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

There is no redefining it lol. You have to be in a supreme position of power to display racism. Kendrick Perkins is NOT that. Look it up when you get a chance