1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN pushing racism & division

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Mar 7, 2023.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

All that and still no answer to my question. Racism is a form of discrimination. Who did Kendrick Perkins discriminate against? Who was the victim of his alleged racism?

2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

ESPN posted a short of Perkins making a normal and logical argument for Embiid, but he ends the short saying, "Imma see you tomorrow with your little Elvis Presley looking ass, and boy, I'm coming right at you." o_O

3. tksense

tksense Member

According Perkins: the other black non-top10 scorers who were deprived of their opportunity to be the first black non-top10 scorer MVP since Magic Johnson. Or other black top10 scorers who were deprived of their MVP votes and sacrificed their status in favor of the white non-top10 scorers, namely Nash, Joker, and Dirk (who was 11th in 07).

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Embiid is the lazy one, and the guy who plays no defense and gives little to no effort on that end isn’t

[​IMG]

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Does George Karl have a show or something?

He's like the Skip Bayless of coaches with these dumb hot takes.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I've been hush on it and i'll be in the minority, but i agree with George Karl and honestly think both Joker and Embiid have lazy defense and poor body language. It's the whole idea that one is white and slow-so he can't possibly play good defense and the other is big and black and athletic-so he's got to be elite at defense. Westbrook had that image for a long time until people realized he didn't play a lick of defense after the triple double novelty wore off and his athletic ability started to decline. Highlights can also alter your perception of a good defender.
    To me, they're both 1 way stars like majority of todays stars. That's not to say there aren't tons capable of being 2 way stars. AD for example used to be a terror on D, but he also looks like everyone else out there now. Lazy defensive bodily language is a problem league wide. Stars are just catching their breath on defense now.

If 2 way stardom is the sudden and conveneint criteria boost one needs, then it's Giannis over both Joker and Embiid.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

calling Embiid a 1-way star is pure ignorance

clos4life and pippendagimp like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hear you and I think the term 'two way play' has also altered throughout time.

Now all you need to do is close out or hold your arms up high and that is considered half the defense.

Do the minimum to get credited as a 'defender'.

Lol.

Caesar likes this.
  9. NewAge

NewAge Member

Is Karl still on Denver’s payroll?
    I think both are deserving candidates, and I’d add Giannis and Tatum. It’s a four man race in my book.

So for the racial/ethnic discussion, it’s:
    3 black/1 white, but also
    3 foreign/1 American

there, bang your head to figure out the conspiracy behind it all.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup...you know what's funny, I got banned for 14 days from Twitter for responding to ESPN or some major hoops twitter head that they were pushing racism. Crazy...

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

JoFraud Embiid and his partner James Frauden EXPOSED

Meltdowns in games 6 and 7 against the Celtics
    Celtics lose to Heat
    Heat [might lose?] to NIKOLA JOKIC and the Nuggets
    JoFraud and James Frauden are 3 tiers below Nikola Jokic

To increase clicks and be good Disney Identity Politics Activists(TM) we must now work skin color in to this conversation

HEAT putting TYLER ZELLER on Nikola Jokic because of lack of pigmentation? Max and Stephen A debate at 6pm - you won't BELIEVE THEIR REACTIONS.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.