1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN projections for Western conference playoff matchups as of 4/6/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Apr 6, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Eh. Sounds reasonable. We have only won a few more games throughout the season than the Mavericks. Healthy we are the superior team to them.

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Western parity...

West favorites' chances to win:

83%
    53%
    56%
    51%

East favorites' chances to win:

83%
    89%
    82%
    59%

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Man, I would love to see Clipper-Spurs. Two red hot teams facing off with the knowledge that one of them has to go home in the first round. Plus it eliminates one of the two teams I want no part of.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets only won a couple games more than Portland last year and ESPN had us as an overwhelming favorite. I'm happy with the modest prediction.

6. MONON

MONON Member

The big surprise to me is the Spurs @#6 are a 12% points favorite over #3 Clips. As far as the Mavs & Rockets are concerned, BSPN doesn't think Harden'll get to the line as much in the playoffs.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets don't deserve to be the overwhelming favorite in any series until they show they can win one, but I like our chances if we faced Dallas.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The East is so bad. They should only start with 3 teams - Cleveland vs Chicago and Atlanta on bye.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

completely agree with this. Portland humbled me.

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Houston and Portland both had identical win/loss at 54 games won last year. We just had the tiebreaker against them since we dominated them in the regular season.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Brooklyn and Boston have been ballin, that'd be something. Really surprised Charlotte has regressed this much.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think the mavs issues are chemistry related. If they get their chemistry together we will have a tough time with them. That's a big if.

13. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Just a fluff article, no need in doing that article unless you actually provide the analysis on all possible matchups in the west. We could fall as low as 6 or stay as high as 2, would like to see how they put us up against SAS, DAL, POR, LAC and MEM. We aren't going to play GS, or OKC/NOP in the first round, but all the others are possibilities.

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lol no. Chemistry is the excuse. When teams can't figure out why they're losing they say its chemistry. Same thing when relationships don't work out, it's apparently chemistry when it's deeper problems. Plus When your bench and playoff rotation involves Charlie V. You won't go far.

15. tarantula

tarantula Member

If we finish fifth with better record than Portland which is gonna be fourth, do we have HCA?

16. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

yes

but thats not gonna happen, we'll finish 2nd

17. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Seems fair. Even though we won in the regular season series, all games with
    Mavs were pretty close. If everyone can stay healthy, I like our chances against Mavs.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think it is more stunning if you list the chance to win for the higher seed

83%
    53%
    44%
    49%

They are saying 2 of the top 4 seeds have a less than 50/50 chance of winning a series :eek:

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Players are actively yelling at each other. It isn't a win/loss thing, they don't like each other. In the Rockets Mavs game there were times the mavs were up and still fighting. These guys don't like each other, and they let it affect them on the court. LeBron and Love aren't BFFs, but they make it work. Maybe chemistry isn't the right term, maybe it's infighting.

On paper, Rondo, Ellis, Parsons, Dirk and Chandler are as scary as they come. In practice, well, not so much.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Can't shoot, shoots too damn much, too soft, too old, punk.