1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Predicted NBA standings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaocsaephan, Aug 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Lock if already posted.

1. LA Lakers
    2. Hornets
    3. Rockets
    4. Jazz
    5. Spurs
    6. Suns
    7. Mavericks
    8. Trailblazers
    ---
    It's pretty reasonable, suprisingly. Although I feel we are top 1-2, I also think we have to earn it first. At least we are atop Spurs/Mavs now :D

2. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I don't know if the Trailblazers deserve to be sitting as high as 8.

On paper, they are young, inexperienced, and haven't really gelled with Oden yet.

And I don't think Lakers will get top seed this year. I'm not saying we will, though.

Hornets are pretty scary. I'm gonna peg them as the best in the west.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I think we will finish 1-3 and end up playing Dallas some kind of way in the 1st round.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I want utah. dallas would be good too though. revenge.

5. threedigithomy

Its funny how so many "experts" and those kobe lovers on espn think rockets won't stay healthy. Its either that or they compare rocket's 3 (mac, yao and artest) with lakers (kobe, bynum, gasol, and odom) and hornets (cp3, chandler, west, posey) and say rockets aren't that strong. I mean have they looked at the entire roster? They all seem to be forgetting about Scola (who helped bring argentina within 9 pts in the olympics and destroyed Melo), Battier, Alston, Barry, and SF3. I personally think, the top team in the west is a tie between the Hornets and the Rockets. However i'm not afraid of the hornets cause we took care of them last year TWICE during that 22 game streak.

6. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Sprus has better record.....why we ahead Sprus?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Roy is healthy, people like you are going to stand back and be amazed. They were 41-41 last year and have added Oden, Jerryd Bayless and Rudy Fernandez. Plus their incumbent players are a year older. You really think the 8th seed is a stretch when they were 9th last year?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

rockets 53-29
    spurs (or "sprus") 51-31

math wasn't your best subject, was it?

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

As long as we don't face the Lakers in the first round i'm ok.

10. AXG

AXG Member

They were 10th last season. Golden State was 9th with a 48-34 record. I think the Blazers have certainly improved on paper, but they've lost the element of surprise. They won't sneak up on anybody this year.

Still, I think they'll be right in the thick of the playoff hunt. I'm not sure if they're better than Denver, though, who was the 8th seeded team last season.

11. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Actually...Math is my best subject :eek:

but I was blind......I saw the 08 record instead of the prediction...

sorry :rolleyes:

12. luisantonio1014

They predict that the best record in the league will be 55 wins. I think at least two teams will have about 60 wins. The Rockets being one of those, of course. I don't think the wins be shared throughout the league as they are predicting. It could turn out to be like last year, with the Rockets, hornets, lakers, jazz, and celtics taking over the elite levels.

13. luisantonio1014

It's not like any of the bad teams got better to take away some wins from the good teams as well. The only ones I can think of that could significantly be better are Portland and Philly.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's an average prediction over predictions submitted by 25 experts. So naturally the spread of the predicted wins amongst the teams will be less than it will be in reality.

15. luisantonio1014

Well if it's an averaged prediction, then that doesn't make any sense. They might as well have every team have 50 wins. These records won't calculate to a real full season.

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Not to beat you into the ground, but the Rockets and Spurs are tied. So are the Lakers. So are the Bobcats and Miami Heat.

Everybody has zero wins.

Hence the reason why most here consider preseason predictions are kinda silly.

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I don't understand how we are worse than last year even after adding Ron

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah I dont see how this is right. Have us winning 2 less game than last year, and we didnt even have Yao healthy. Now we have Artest and if we stay healthy, 55 is the min. we win. Guess they think Artest will cause trouble in the locker room for 2 less wins. :rolleyes:

19. luisantonio1014

Well as you've probably heard, these are averaged predictions, which means some idiot "experts" have us probably winning less than 50 games. Averaged predictions are dumb. I wanna see predictions using statistics and real reviews, not just opinions.