1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN picks for houston-portland series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wingcommander87, Apr 16, 2009.

1. wakong

wakong Member

If we could beat Portland, at least it's better, otherwise there is no excuse Yao to stay here.

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Its funny because Hollinger wrote and article a couple of days ago saying how well we would matchup against the Blazers and how we would be them...
    Funny he changed his mind!

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I honestly have no idea how some of those guys are coming up with Blazers in Six. Seven, I can definitely see, but six?

I mean, seven implies they're just banking on homecourt advantage, which is valid since both teams are strong at home and weak on the road.

But six games implies they actually think the Blazers have a matchup advantage against us, and for the life of me I can't see where that comes from. Whether it's based on watching the head-to-head games this season or even just looking at the matchups on paper, it doesn't make any sense. I mean, is it just because they won one more game than us this season? That's supposed to give them a clear edge?

4. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Ha! I can't wait for the Rox to make them all look like idiots. :D

Again :(

But this time it will be in our favor :D

5. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

How many times is Legler going to flip flop on the rockets this season?!?

Could care less what these idiots predict. I wanted to match up with Portland in the first round and we got them! I think we take this in 5! Let's go ROCKETS!!!!!!!

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Tim Legler was the only "expert" to pick the Celtics in 7 last year in the Finals.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Good. Winning a series when we're the underdog is always sweeter, anyways.

8. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

Yep. And make those alleged experts eat their f*** crows. Yes We Can. Go ROX!!

9. rocketsmetalspd

I am with you Rockets 4-0 and it will on to face the Lakers after their tough series.

10. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Who cares what these people think? We don't even deserve to be favored in this series based on our play last night and everything that was on the line...

#30 alexcapone, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  11. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Blazers in 6? C'mon...

I for one am glad all these "experts" are choosing Portland over us

12. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i think we have a chance. just because tracy is not playing.

i am not saying that because of his basketball skills.

but some players..they are just unlucky..or have bad karma..

13. NYRangers

NYRangers Member

I beg to differ on C.

Remember that guy Przybilla, the guy nicknamed eurotrash who stopped Yao by fronting and outhustling him to the boards just a couple years back. It cost us some games with them and the boards he stole right out of Yao's hands on O were extremely embarrassing and team defeating. You don't think this guy will turn it up a notch and try every trick in the book including some dandy flops to castrate Ming. Then there is Oden will his 6 fouls and some skills.

Can Yao have the balls and will to inflate his play in just 7 games to overcome that? I am not talking about going off in one or two games but being an impact player for all games enough to push this team over the hill. Unfortunately he hasn't shown that in past playoffs. This post season is in a way judgment day for him and this team.

14. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Aldridge is basically a nonfactor as long as our r****ded coach does not put Scola on him like he did with Dirk last night. Heres an idea, start Chuck Hayes. Why does he always wait until the other guy is on fire against Scola to put in Chuck?

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Building block for next year.

Lets get this weight off our shoulders. Playing the Lakers would give our youngins a ton of XP..

16. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Having one loss more than the blazers doesn't mean we are underdogs. We can do it!!

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

What do you mean not looking good?

Since when did ESPN experts picks control who wins a series?

18. Got Em

Got Em Member

At least we got what we all voted for on this thread- Portland in the first round. Little did we know, though, that it would come with a nightmare in the second round :(

19. Cbox

Cbox Member

JA Adande is always against the Rockets. Did he lose a big bet because of them or something? I say the Rockets in 6...or 7, I am still torn.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they clearly dont know who's going to win and just went with Portland due to homecourt, notice how 5 of 8 think it's going to go 7...