1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Patriots release Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Richie_Rich, Aug 31, 2013.

?

What's next for Tebow?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2013.
  1. Gets picked up on another team's practice squad

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Gets picked up on another team's 53 man roster

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  3. Takes a year off to think over his future

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Decides to retire and focus on his next career (tv, church stuff, etc)

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

So what's next for Tebow?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9618882/tim-tebow-released-new-england-patriots-source

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9618899&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

Is he pretty much done?

Probably time to start his broadcasting/sports analyst career.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hello Arena Football

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Poll added.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

He is going to have to make a position change to stick around. I was pulling for him but you just can't survive with hoping your defense can hold the other team the entire game until he makes a big play at the end of the game for multiple seasons.

5. the shark

the shark Member

Whatever he winds up doing he'll be a difference maker.

Hopefully another opportunity in the NFL will happen.

They don't get any classier than Tebow and I for one will continue to pull for him.

6. Raven

Raven Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zwDvF0NtgdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't see how he's just going to make a position change, and be better than guys that have played that position their entire lives. If he can't cut it as a QB, he's done.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Isn't Canadian football league a throw the ball a lot league?

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Unfortunately he might want to capitalize on his name recognition one way or another before it's too late. Probably worth looking at some Quality Control or scouting gigs in the League, like Highsmith; or graduate assistant opportunities with top programs. I suppose post-cap, there isn't a Bucky Richardson spot on the roster anymore.

I guess it's some consolation that Andre Ware, who was bloody horrible in the NFL, was a nice and charismatic enough guy that he built a broadcasting career.