1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Parsons too heavy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shorey, Oct 11, 2014.

1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

This is brilliant!

ROFLMAO... Breaking FAT

2. conquistador#11

too many night outs with felton.

3. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. baubo

baubo Member

You are really underestimating the issue with the hard cap in regards to retaining Parsons. If the Rockets had kept Parsons and still signed Ariza and Papanikalaou, they'd currently be at the hard cap. Meaning no room for growth like using Lin's TE to add salary. They could've avoided that hard cap. But that would involve not doing any S&T nor using their full MLE. Meaning the Rockets would've had to sit out last offseason just to keep Parsons.

Morey's not just using GM-speak when he talked about how keeping Parsons would've destroyed the Rockets flexibility. He's speaking the truth. If the Rockets wanted to keep their flexibility for mid-season trades, they'd have to have forgone signing Ariza and KPap, either of which would've locked in the Rockets at the Tax Apron and limited future spending.

Unless the Rockets basically make zero moves from this point on that adds salary, such as trading Terry for someone making more money or use Lin's TE, keeping Parsons would've been the wrong move.

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sounds like a paraphrase of a famous Tony Montana quote.

6. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

If I wasn't so lazy, I would post a before/after pic and photoshop GQ's face on The Blob from Origins: Wolverine

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Where'd you read that at?

8. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Yeah, except Lebron played last season as close to 275.

9. s.b713

s.b713 Member

God danm my girl weights more than you LOL, shieettt im 220 and I'm 6feet tall

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

**** I dropped my mcnugget.

Dirk! Help me find my mcnugget!

1 person likes this.
  11. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

this looks like my body on parson's head :grin:

12. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Wow ! That's excellante !

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I think I now see what Mory sees. Parsons is great. He'll bring it 82 games a season, play well and help the team to a really good record. But he's not the type of player you can lean on to take you to the next level in the playoffs. Ariza really is the perfect replacement for Parsons

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Hahaha this is just too funny, FAT ASS contract :D seriously though, this board is too much engaged with this guy. The guy has a big ego so let it go.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Chandler Portions

16. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

But won't he be their 2nd option on a lot of nights. That should improve him as a player. He bulked up to be able to play 4 when Dirk is out , which I think can only add to his game. I hate him? But the guy can ball. He was 4-12 shootimg but he also had 6 rbs and 6 ast in only 20 minutes.

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

lol nice

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There is no doubt Parsons is still pretty good. However, he is a max player so he is judged by a different standard. He is making the same money as Harden and Kyrie Irving and more than Stephen Curry.

19. steady

steady Member

Not a good sign that he showed up to camp out of shape (which is what his coach implied). Some players react to getting a big contract by falling off. Didn't see Chandler (despite all his delusional and pretty boy ways) doing that. But we'll see...

I'm just curious to see if he can be nearly as good when he isn't playing alongside Harden and Lin. I respect his talent but is he good enough to deserve the praise from Popovich and others that he's received...?

20. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member