1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Parsons too heavy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shorey, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Uh oh, already problems in Dallas..

Sweet, please continue...

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

He is just getting ready for the holidays....

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He didn't look fat 2 days ago. More fame whoring?

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Why am I laughing at this so much.

5. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

So he is not taking being separated from Lin well?

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Four years from now, Parsons will start his new career on the Biggest Losers again.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He played team usa basketball and the contract was signed 3 months ago. Parsons got fat because he his wallet got fat.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Ouch, totally forgot about him being cut. I wonder if he gained all the weight in the last two months?

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Parsons will now find out that he is just a role player. Big contract just adds a lot of pressure. And now everyone in the DAL organization has high expectations of him.

He'll never live up to those expectations; he can't.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Sorry, no more room. Ariza and Paps have already taken his place.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The Mavs should have weighed him when he wasn't carrying his wallet, that probably added 15 pounds right there. And why does coach let him play wearing his money belt, of course that's going to get you tired after 48 minutes.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What I meant is Carlisle imposes his will on players. They do it his way or don't play. He's like Pop in this regard. McHale doesn't do that at all. Whether it's Harden isoing play-after-play-after-play in crunch time or Dwight committing the dumbest/most unnecessary fouls in the history of basketball, McHale doesn't hold them accountable.

Carlisle has parked Dirk on his buns when he didn't put out.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm sure that's how people around here will spin it. Unless both the Mavericks and Parsons have great years, Clutchfans posters will say that Morey was smart to let Parsons walk.

The truth is, is that we will probably never know what could have been if we had kept Parsons. We have Dwight locked up for this year and next year and then he can leave. Unless Morey can pull a rabbit out of his hat in the next couple of years, then the Harden and Howard era could be over with nothing to show for it.

We had an opportunity to pick up quality free agents, and then sign Parsons to his max contract. We could have gone over the salary cap and surrounded Harden and Howard with the best available talent to make a run at a championship.

I understand that Morey felt that without a third "elite player" that the Rockets would not have enough to be true contenders. That's his opinion, and maybe he is correct. Or, maybe he is wrong, we will never know for sure.

I hate to see the Harden and Howard era end without the Rockets going all in. I understand that Morey is still working to acquire a third "elite player", and that he hopes Harden can recruit Durant. But, I think these are long shots at this point. I would have liked to see what we could have done with Harden, Howard, Parsons, and other veteran talent.

Allowing Parson to walk to another team and getting nothing in return is not one of Moreys better moves in my opinion. Morey badly underestimated what Parsons could get on the open Market, and it has hurt the team.

Clutchfans can try to spin this however they want, but in two years Howard may be gone, and we may be wondering what could have been.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Carlisle isn't gonna be the same McHale pushover.

"With big money comes big responsibilities....Now put down thd ice cream, you fat f***."

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"He looked tired out there tonight to me and his shot is short," Carlisle said.

Better get used to that part.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tiny frame for my upper body, surprisingly big lower body though.
    Totally healthy. I'm a health nut actually. Can run 5 miles with ease, play basketball all the time, feel good.
    Na my measuring's are completely correct.
    Those guys have pounds of muscle as well, I don't have that much muscle weight. Like I said though, I fluctuate from 120-130 though so not that far off. I just have a low body fat %, and a small upper body frame.

For reference, my father is 6'0 130, just very small frame, thank god I have my mothers family's lower body (south american) If I had chicken legs i'd probably be 115 or even 110 lol

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

With all due respect, only the people with blinders on would have wondered "what could have been" in regards to Parsons leaving. Why? Because if it holds true that Parsons is just "good" and not an All-Star then the trio of Harden/Howard/Parsons wouldn't have lead the team to a championship anyways. The biggest loss this summer wasn't Parsons; it was Bosh. If people on here want to wonder "what could have been" 3 years from now, it would be "What could have been with Harden/Howard/Bosh/Parsons" and not "What could have been with Harden/Howard/Parsons".

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Bon apetit, Dallas!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny thing is he isn't fat in terms of being a normal person, but as a pro player but it seems those pictures display something else